Thread: Parasite Eve Disc 1 Central Park Cutscene Error (PSXFIN)

Thanks

Default Parasite Eve Disc 1 Central Park Cutscene Error (PSXFIN)

The game freezes up on the part where you encounter Eve at the stage area where everyone turns into glop, fuses together and goes up the stairs. The following messages came up on the cmd screen.

r3000: executed illegal opcode 00000001
    translate_address: illegal physical address 8fb20020
    r3000: executed illegal opcode 0005020a
    ps1dmac : read unknown register 078010f5
    ps1dmac : read unknown register 078010f9
    ps1dmac : read unknown register 078010f1
    ps1dmac : read unknown register 078010fd
    ps1dmac : read unknown register 078010f5
    ps1dmac : read unknown register 078010f9
    ps1dmac : read unknown register 078010f1
    ps1dmac : read unknown register 078010fd (these lines repeat again from 5-9-1-d at the end of each line)

I had a similar issue during the 2nd cutscene at the opera house in the beginning of the game where everyone was burning but, a simple restart of the program fixed the issue. I've had no other problems with other games, in fact I've completed FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX with no hiccups at all. I've tried other emulators but nothing else runs on my old pc. I'm using Windows XP...

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

CVGS/CGS (Virtual Game Station) will run on an XP machine (with fixes applied), not sure about this game it has been many many years since I used that emu

Retroarch may also be worth a try or ePSXe using only the software plugin with no extra filters or anything that will add extra strain if you are on a low end XP machine

PSXFIN has plenty of compat issues, but that is not to say that some games will not run perfect just not all games

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I've tried the starter pack version of ePSXe and it runs, can't get the latest one to work though. The program won't start up despite having all the necessary files (probably something wrong on my end) as in nothing happens when I click on it's .exe. So far the game runs well and I've past the point where I've been experiencing problems on PSXFIN. Thing is every time I start up the program I have to go through configurations again and again which is a tad annoying especially when it comes to setting the controller every single time. Is there any way to fix that?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Odd issue

What version are you using?? Try 1.7.0 or 1.8.0 and see if the issue is still there

ePSXeCutor may be worth a look at though (Not sure if the latest versions support this front end though), it is a front end for ePSXe it lets you save settings per game and generate a shortcut for the game

http://www.pbernert.com/html/frontend.htm
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-November-2016 at 19:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Version 1.9.25. Alright I'll take a look at it and see what works. Thanks for the help and suggestions mate.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just curious but what is your CPU and CPU speed?
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, 2.80Ghz and 760Mb of RAM

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Wow...that's not much ram. I have an old P4 1.6GHz here somewhere that's running 1GB of rambus.

Spoiler warning:

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

With that CPU you can most certainly run RetroArch and the Mednafen PSX core, consider it what PSXFin should of been like if it was open source and had a ton of enhancements plus once you set it up there is no more hassle.

That ram is pretty low though, no way to throw a bigger stick in there?
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    That ram is pretty low though, no way to throw a bigger stick in there?
    If he only has 2 slots he would be running 1x 512 stick and 1x 256 stick. I'm guessing onboard video is using 8MB of ram which is why he says he has 760MB (should be 768MB total).
    He needs to max out his ram, depending on the motherboard he might only be able to run 1.5GB max and he should have a dedicated video card. 8MB max for onboard is woeful regardless of chipset.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

My computer is an old geezer, about 13 years old give or take which has served me perfectly fine these past years mostly for school and work related stuff. Only recently I've started to get into PC gaming so I've had no need before to replace/add any hardware. I'll be replacing it soon though with a better one though. Now since my problem has been solved (thanks to all who gave me suggestions on what to do) I'd like this thread to be closed...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Closed as per request

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]