Thread: Games flagged as non-working that actually work?

Thanks

Default Games flagged as non-working that actually work?

So I got the MAME 0.161 romset and I'm using MAMEUI 0.161 and everything is working wonderfully. One weird thing I noticed though, is that some games, like Strider 2 for example, are flagged as non-working yet they actually work when I launch them? Is this normal? Also, would there be a list out there for games like this? Thanks.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's normal I actually think there are a lot of mistakes though in the nonworking list in MAME itself, always has been though it's not a new thing, the noted before the game boots are usually accurate though

As for a list I am not aware of one, maybe unmamed can help with some info though and lists the drivers that are WIP in MAME and also covers other arcade emulators that may play a few of the games

nonmame is another good one to look at though they cover console emulation as well as arcade (the site was much easier to follow when they just covered arcade) the site is aimed at what is best for emulating each system

both sites will be at the top of a google search for nonmame
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-November-2016 at 08:57.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Usually the reason for it to be marked non-working is listed at the top of the source file.