Thread: Have the sony iso's been verified here?

Thanks

Default Have the sony iso's been verified here?

I'm sorry if this is a silly question, have the ps1 and 2 iso's here been verified against like redump or anything of the sort? If you know of any of the other disc systems being verified on this site please chime in also.

This sites awesome sauce times infinity!!! Thanks to all the people who make it possible.

and thanks to anybody reading this post

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Checking against redump is a common piece of advice when people have difficulty extracting their games. I suspect that means that the disc images here are all verifiable when they are properly downloaded, full files.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

I was hoping they would all be redump verified. I'm not sure i'm using clrmamepro right to verify them. It took a very long time to scan through 300 or so that were unzipped.
    The majority I think claimed to be all good after it did some renames on a handful. None of the PAL copies I had seemed to be able to get any type of match, most from here were ecm, or had ape formats and such. The others I had just didn't match up at all from that region.

Has anybody else gone through their collections from here to verify?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

The main site? Some might've been replaced with redump images, but some might've been ok anyway (I'm thinking more of PS2 with that last bit).
    The forums have redumps of some games for those 2 platforms so I would grab anything marked as redump from the forums first then move onto the main site. Warrior's uploads are ftp.

Edit:
    Just wanted to mention that many games on the main site have been there for some time (PSX in particular which is why you see those ecm'd shares) so not all have been replaced with verified good dumps. Only the owner can upload to the main site (and I'm sure he's quite busy regardless) so it's not as if the forum staff can get stuck into replacing stuff at the drop of a hat, we actually can't do anything.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 8th-November-2016 at 09:28.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Alot of those ecm'd files had been from the redump set while others are not

At the time redump was a reasonably new thing so the uploaded files had been a mix and match

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks to all who replied to this post. I've figured out how to verify the games with romulus. Here's my findings.
    PS1- about half of the games for ntsc are current with redump
    PS2- seems to be a homerun for what i've downloaded haven't found a single one that can't be rebuilt to current redump
    Gamecube- another homerun here I think I had 2 that were not current redump, the 2 were fire emblem path of the blue flame and F1 career challenge.

I wish I would've made a list of the ps1 games that weren't current redump just to have the info here for the future incase the owner decided to update, but I didn't

sega cd, saturn, and 3do if I remember correctly were non redump and I didn't check them against anything else. I only tested ntsc regions