Thread: Attempting to clone original xbox HDD with Chimp - Video Error (i think)

Thanks

Default Attempting to clone original xbox HDD with Chimp - Video Error (i think)

I am trying to clone the original Xbox hdd to a brand new one. I'm using UnleashX paired with the Chimp application. When I switch the ribbon cable from the DVD drive to the new HD, then start the application, it'll "crash" and the video will cut out.

Here are some photos: http://www.imgur.com/a/2HFNG

Thanks
    EP Points

If you are using an HD cable switch to an SD if possible. Also are you doing straight IDE to IDE or are you using a SATA? And how are you powering the secondary HDD? External or with a molex splitter?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SPPV View Post
    If you are using an HD cable switch to an SD if possible. Also are you doing straight IDE to IDE or are you using a SATA? And how are you powering the secondary HDD? External or with a molex splitter?

I am using an HD cable. And yes it is IDE to IDE with a molex splitter.

Thanks
    EP Points

The HD pack is your issue you see this with game save mods as well. If you can go to Value Village etc and grab a SD or RF XBOX pack. If thats out then I suggest you google Babylon and check for IDE ports on your PC. Babylon is somewhat new age it can emulate Slave IDE for a SATA DVD drive and can use USB/wireless keyboard/mouse but that aside its reqs are exactly what XBOXHDM reqs are