Thread: CHD FILES

Thanks
    EP Points

Default CHD FILES

Do you know were I can get the CHD files for mame games from. I need to add these to my roms as a separate file to get them to play in the emulator platform I am using called Launchpad?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

www.emuparadise.me

in our Roms section for MAME

Click on the game you want scroll down the page should be under rom download there will be other downloads like CHD's or Bios images depending on the game

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

So if there isn't an option for chd file then the game should work okay without one. Must be something I am doing wrong in the set up on the emulator then I guess

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Correct if there is no chd then the game runs without one

It could be that you are missing a rom file inside the rom zip/you are using the wrong version of MAME that goes with the rom

Every time MAME updates so does the rom set that not only adds new games but also adds new rom chip dumps and updated rom chip dumps as well as new media dumps of CD, GD, DVD, HDD and other media that is not a rom chip aka CHD's, the CHD compression may also get updated as well, this is why MAME is a pain for most people, not that MAME is hard to use, it is not but finding the correct roms can be

You may need an update pack, Rom update pack do not contain full roms usually but have new dumped roms and re-dumped roms contained in them that need to be merged with the roms you already have (not over written)

No MAME rom will run without it's Parent rom as all sub roms use files from there own set as well as the parent rom set

I am guessing you are getting the missing Rom/s or CHD message, but that does not tell what is actually missing and is just a general message saying there is something missing and does not specify what is missing

If the port you are using though has a gui look for an audit option preferably for the game you want to play, use that option to determine what is wrong with the rom set for that game, it should give you a list of issues and the folder that is looks for it in (the folder is the rom zip folder rather than an actual folder)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR