Thread: Chancast help? speed throttling????NullDC help as well

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Chancast help? speed throttling????NullDC help as well

I recently began dreamcast emulation. It took a little tweaking with the emulators to get them running, i am using nulldc it runs soul calibur and doa2 at full speed and nearly flawless. but some of my other games will not run on nulldc, so i aquired chancast, and it runs things at like 10x normal speed. And null dc freezes on sega bass fishing, and 4x4 evo. My next attempt will be with resident evil code veronica. any help or advice would be wonderful

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Dreamcast emulators of choice are

Both 4x4 evo & Sega Bass Fishing are WinCE games, nullDC never supported WinCE

nullDC 1.0.4 r150 that one is built from the last source file that was never officially built (the last offcially built source was nullDC 1.0.4 r136 that is considerably older)
    DEmule is another good one to look at and supports WinCE games
    Makaron is worth a look at also (official site is not around to link that is from our downloads section for Naomi systems)
    Retroarch using the Reicast core is a brand new emulator and shows a lot of promise and is the only currently active emulator of the Dreamcast, look under Downloads then stable and/or nightly builds, there is more info on there wiki section

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Dreamcast emulators of choice are

Both 4x4 evo & Sega Bass Fishing are WinCE games, nullDC never supported WinCE

nullDC 1.0.4 r150 that one is built from the last source file that was never officially built (the last offcially built source was nullDC 1.0.4 r136 that is considerably older)
    DEmule is another good one to look at and supports WinCE games
    Makaron is worth a look at also (official site is not around to link that is from our downloads section for Naomi systems)
    Retroarch using the Reicast core is a brand new emulator and shows a lot of promise and is the only currently active emulator of the Dreamcast, look under Downloads then stable and/or nightly builds, there is more info on there wiki section
    thanks, i will check out the new emulators

Thanks again, i was wondering if their is any dreamcast emulation on PsP. My psp seems to run nearly everything more stable than windows. I have read some articles saying that there was some wor going on but never heard if it came to fruition yet
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-October-2016 at 08:15.

Thanks
    EP Points

no, there's NO chance of that happening, when some rigs struggle. (psp is utterly incapable.)
    also, the ends tell the results...
    no new developments, no dice!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PSP does not have the power to emulate Dreamcast and is even excluded from the Retroarch PSP port

Portable devices playing dreamcast is available on Android devices though via Reicast that was originally directly for Android devices, like phone tablets ect ect, but there are homebrew handheld console based on Android

Do yourself a favor and buy yourself a Sega

I love my Dreamcast and all PAL ones that I am aware of play CD-R backups just fine
    USA model need to be certain versions/revisions and so do Jap models I have a guide up for that in the Everything Console/Sega section

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR