Thread: Help. OpenEmu (on Mac) won't recognize Front Mission 4 iso. What have I done wrong?

Thanks

Default Help. OpenEmu (on Mac) won't recognize Front Mission 4 iso. What have I done wrong?

Hi guys,

I have tried solving this myself with all the ways I could think of, with my limited knowledge about the subject, before coming to ask for help here. So I hope you will bare with me.
    This is the first time I interact with emulation stuff, as I suddenly had an urge to play this Front Mission 4 (and 5) again after all these years. Below is what I have done:

- MacOS Sierra 10.12
    - Installed Openemu for Mac, v2.0.3. Downloaded right from this site.
    - Downloaded the game's iso from EmuParadise.
    - Unzipped it, which gave me a single iso file. (In the screenshot I've rename it to be just Front Mission 4, without the suffix USA.)
    - Loaded the 3 BIOS files for PS2 into OpenEmu.

Now I dragged the iso into OpenEmu and it did not scan. So I went to check the user guide for CD-based game and concluded that I would have to create a cue file. And so I did, and have put it into the same folder as the iso. Then I tried to drag either the cue, the iso, or both into OpenEmu for it to scan, but the emu just wouldn't want to do that for me.

And just to test out, I tried repeating all the above, but with different Front Mission 4 iso and different games (Front Mission 3 and 5, both from emuparadise), but still nothing worked.

So I think I've hit a dead-end that my knowledge can serve me. Not sure if it is the problem with the iso (unlikely though to me as there are reviews saying that it works fine for other people), the cue file that I created, the versions of either my Mac or OpenEmu, or it's a god's will that doesn't want me to revisit my favorite game :p

Oh, and I was looking into using PCSX2 instead, but admittedly I didn't even know how to installed it properly even after watching a number of youtube tutorials (seems like everyone posting uses a different version and has different settings, and all those additional plugins for different version of macOS, which honestly confused me further.) So if possible it would be good if the solution is based the assumption that I am persistent with using OpenEmu (a lot friendlier for noob like me).

I appreciate you guys' advice very much. Front mission is my most favorite game series and is the sole reason I am entering this emulation world, so please help me make it happen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 23.52.35.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	50083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 23.54.33.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	50080  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 23.54.15.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	50081   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 23.53.56.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	50082  

Last edited by gooiup; 7th-October-2016 at 17:33.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Front Mission 4 is a PS2 game and OpenEmu does not support PS2 emulation, you will need to use the mac version of PCSX2.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post: