Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite Nintendo System

Thanks
    EP Points

NES for me. After the video game crash, it was what got me back into gaming. I find that it's still the console I'm most into. One of many favorite moments was def the Christmas I received it. I knew I was getting it, but unwrapping under the tree...I was so geeked.

Thanks

SNES - by far

Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World, I still play these two today

Thanks

Of course SNES!
    ^o^ [ E t E r N a L ] ^o^

^o^ [ E t E r N a L ] ^o^

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

SNES - hands down the best console Nintendo put out next to the NES.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

For me, it would be the SNES. My first console was an Atari 2600 but it was the SNES that was the hottest thing around when it was released and I had to get one. As a kid, playing games like Super Mario World and Mega Man 7 , not to mention Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past and TMNT: Turtles in Time, meant the world to me. Now, decades later, I have a Wii U and 3DS and am looking forward to the Nintendo Switch. Special mention has to go out to the Gameboy though, that little system and its successors are right up there too.
    (Okay MasJ, the birthday greeting plus reminder it's been years since I signed up plus this topic has prompted me to return. You got me lol. Let's see if I stick around this time.)

Thanks

My favorite nintendo system was and is SNES

Thanks

I would definitely say the supes nes...I also had a N64 but I didn't play it as much as my old and nice super nes system...I should have never sold it...
    Coming home after school and playing top gear...donkey country...zelda...chrono trigger....super mario world....wow...this list could go on for a long time....
    such good memories.....

Thanks

SNES for sure.

Thanks

I think in terms of only playing games made for it, I'd choose SNES as I grew up with it and it has an excellent selection of a variety of genres. I'm a big platforming fan (especially 2D) and it was pretty much king of this genre IMO. That said, in the real world, people can do a little tinkering with consoles and the Wii has one of the best exploits of any console to date allowing full back-up runs of Wii and GC games as well as emulation support for most NES, SNES, GB/C, and GBA as well as a fair amount of N64 games, not to mention other non-Nintendo platforms (Sega,ect.). So given the easy ability to turn the Wii into this multi-system, I'd say my favorite overall is the Wii.

Thanks

if chrono trigger had ever been released in aus i might have chosen the snes, but to me, the n64 was my fave. most of my mates had playstations, but loading times would give me the shits. so used to cartridges growing up. when I eventually got an xbox, I got it modded so I could play games off the HDD to minimise loading. with the 64 you had two great zelda games, 3d mario, goldeneye 64 and mario kart 64 for 4 way split screen awesomeness.

Thanks
    EP Points

I spent a lot of time with the good old SNES, and when it snuffed it, I played on ZSnes for quite a while. In fact I still play SNES games every once in a while, I'm sure it's my personal favorite.

But I can't overlook the fact that Wii U brought something big for me: 4 player games that I can play with my kids. Back in the NES days, I used to play coop games with my dad: Contra and TMNT2 were favorites, but we'd rent any 2p game we could and play it for the weekend. Later on we couldn't play together anymore, but we'd challenge each other's records on Super Mario Kart and later on Star Fox 64. Going the whole way around and playing with my own children is awesome.

I hope the Switch allows for 5+ player family-friendly games. We need something to play until they are old enough to play Overwatch

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ratman83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Probably Gamecube, it was my come back to console's world from a long time playing only in PC. I still remember when I buy it with The Wind Waker for my birthday.

Thanks
    EP Points

I would say N64, because the majority of games I played, and I still play are from the 64 bit era, but my first Nintendo console was NES. I played NES when I was very very young, I think I was 5 or 6 years old, and I still remember playing Super Mario Bros. and Contra. Even today I play some of the games on the emulator, and I really enjoy them, brings back a lot of good memories.

..and of course, not to forget about Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Advance SP. I spent thousands of hours playing Pokemon on those consoles.

So to sum it up, my favorite is N64, but the older ones aren't far behind.

Thanks

My favorite Nintendo system was the SNES. It had great graphics for the time, but the sound was also amazing when it came out. Games I played a lot of were Super Mario Kart, Super Mario All-Stars, Killer Instinct, Actraiser, The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, NBA Live Series, Super Castlevania IV, Street Fighter II Turbo, Mortal Kombat series, Super Metroid, NBA Jam TE, and Final Fantasy III (VI). The music was great on NES, but the SNES brought almost "CD quality" music to gaming consoles. Load times were great with the cartridge format as well. It's rival the Sega Genesis was a great system as well, but the sound was not up to par with the SNES. If you want proof, listen to voices in Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, or NBA Jam on each system and compare. The SNES was a great system overall with an awesome library of games.

Thanks

Definitely Nintendo 64.

I have a N64 emulator on my phone. Right now, I'm currently playing through TLoZ:OoT and in Ganon's Tower. I also have a Smash Bros rom as well. Afterwards, I will play through Majora's Mask. Nintendo really went out with the N64, and I'm glad they did.