Thread: ePSXe graphic/charakter bug ?

Thanks

Default ePSXe graphic/charakter bug ?

hi guys,

im new to this and finaly got ePSXe running - thanks to this forum and its downloadsection.

right now im trying to play some older games like resident evil. im still experementing with the video-options to get the best grahpic possible.

actually everything is fine, just one thing i cant get rid of, no matter what i try: there is a grey shadow/polygon or whatever its called under my character.

i have no clue what settings to use to get rid of this thing.

thank you very much in advance !

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/198454-re...vil/images/245Name:  gfs_28002_1_45_mid.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  30.0 KB

I'm quite certain that this is supposed to be there. This is to show you where you are in relation to the floor map.

You can find working settings for ePSXe at psxdatacenter.com

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

-snip-

hi there, yes your right its there, just not the way it supposed to be - its more silver/grey. doesnt look like a shadow anyways.

a few years ago i had a really old pc with a cheap onboard graphic, but RE run very well without trouble.

now i got sempron 2,6 mhz with a onboard radeon R3 8200. not the best PC, but i thought PSX games should run fine?!

im going crazy hehe, trying since a few days now to get it working..

i got epsxe 1.8, tried alot of settings but my RE still looks shitty. what epsxe version you guys recommend ?

thx anyway, ill check out psxdatacenter.com!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Why you would bother with it asides from retro play when there was a updated version for the GameCube to play

As it happens I do like both versions myself, so just saying there is an updated version of that game

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

nostalgia zorlon i fixed it anyways. just had to turn off "alpha multipass". looks like my vidcard doesnt support that feature. took me a week to get it working lol.
    now im trying to get RE3 nemesis to work (its stuck at the violence and gore screen), but ill try on my own before i post.

im no fan of gamecube to be honest, but the updated version of RE looks really awesome, so i might give it a try. just not sure if my PC can handle it!?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's free on PS+ this month if you have a PS4 and PS+

RE3 make sure to use the US copy of the game the EU version has copy protection, unless you either patch it or use a sbi file to bypass that (It will freeze on the violence warning screen otherwise)

You don't need to be fan of console x to enjoy the games on it

P.S. Resi 2 is also less buggy graphically on the GC that effected all the other previous version of resi 2, just minor ones though like part of sherry neck not showing and bars on the cell door being infront or behind (Not sure if it was both or one or the other) when they should not of been ect...

I played these game a lot on most platforms the games came out for

I have always been a games fan and not been fussed what the console was, though never liked the controllers for N64 (Hate me ) or the Original Xbox, but use PS2 pads mostly on my Original xbox and a GC pad (could use my PS2 to GC converter in my N64 to GC converter I suppose) with my N64, as far as emulation goes you can use anything you like.

If you dislike a console pretend it's a PS2 if you like makes no difference to the game or the console, it's emulation
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-October-2016 at 08:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR