Thread: NeoRageX Unibios Bios

Thanks
    EP Points

Default NeoRageX Unibios Bios

Hi Folks

I have a lil Problems with my NeoRageX
    When i want to change a bios Version, where should i place the bios and how to
    get into the configure mode ? If there is any like on the AES System.

Are there any hints how to get the best settings for grafix on HD Monitor ?
    Sets on Grafic Card and Blitters on NeoRageX ?

And one last thing ...
    Is it possible to set Samurai Shodown 2 on the uncut Japan Version where it is
    possible to split with the last strong hit the caracters in half ?

Very kind regards

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I am confused as to why you want to use that inferior emulator over the superior one aka Final Burn Alpha.

I have the entire complete up to date romset here in the forum for it, it is easy as pie to set up for some awesome neogeo action with the universe bios.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...Arcade-Rom-Set

It should be pretty straightforward but if not please feel free to ask for any help , il try to give you accurate information.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Download complete !

WOW this Emu is awesome ! Runs perfect.
    The Game Databse is huge. Now there are only 2 Questions left.

1.) Where should i place the Folder < blends > and the Folder < samples >
    2.) Do i have to split the Games for example Neo Geo manually in a SNK Folder only ?
    3.) Last Resort is missing ...

Thank you so much !!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok here is a short feedback of the awesome FBA

It took some time till i found the perfect setup for best grafik result.
    Performance is great and also the options to setup the system.
    Primarily i play Neo Geo Roms. All my beloved roms are running
    perfect. I have only one little problem with the game viewpoint.

When i want to remap the control i stuck at the autofire function.
    Normal Setup is easy to set. I would like to edit the autofire button
    on a fith button on my board.

For example: A: shot B: smartbombs C: not used not used
    Fith Button on my Board: E: Autofire Function from Button A; shot.

Is this possible ? I am just asking ´cause i am not able to edit the
    pink section on the mapping-

ThanX

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GenAn View Post
    Download complete !

WOW this Emu is awesome ! Runs perfect.
    The Game Databse is huge. Now there are only 2 Questions left.

1.) Where should i place the Folder < blends > and the Folder < samples >
    2.) Do i have to split the Games for example Neo Geo manually in a SNK Folder only ?
    3.) Last Resort is missing ...

Thank you so much !!!
    You can place the blends/samples where ever you like, just set that directory in the FBA settings.

Use the checkboxes to select genres and arcade systems.

Last Resort is in the Neogeo rom list.

Ok here is a short feedback of the awesome FBA

It took some time till i found the perfect setup for best grafik result.
    Performance is great and also the options to setup the system.
    Primarily i play Neo Geo Roms. All my beloved roms are running
    perfect. I have only one little problem with the game viewpoint.

When i want to remap the control i stuck at the autofire function.
    Normal Setup is easy to set. I would like to edit the autofire button
    on a fith button on my board.

For example: A: shot B: smartbombs C: not used not used
    Fith Button on my Board: E: Autofire Function from Button A; shot.

Is this possible ? I am just asking ´cause i am not able to edit the
    pink section on the mapping-

ThanX
    I just fiddled with FBA after a long while, autofire works as intended and it is set to its own button, just don't set A and put Autofire A in A's place and there you go.

I am not sure if a global control setup is possible anymore so controls are on a per game basis.

Did you see how to setup the Universe Bios?

Another must for certain games is to Overclock them, in the FBA menu click on GAME > Adjust CPU Speed > set to 150 and it may help with various games that had lag on the real hardware like a few Neogeo games such as Garou.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hello warrior

ThanX 4 the fast reply.

Well to overclock the system was one of the first things i figured out

Is the 150% CPU Speed just a recommandation or depends it to the maximum overclock on the used hardware that emulates the Console ?
    I normally run FBA on 200 % without any problems. One of ma favorite games is samurai shodown 2 which do i also have on the real machine.
    When i compare the emulated version to the original version i believe there is sometimes a little problem with the collision or hitbox.
    For example when i play with ukyo and do the Zanzou Fumikomi Giri ( half circle forward and slash )sometimes it ends behind the foe.
    Thats on the original AES Module with normal Bios impossible. I never done this. My Standart Bios in the FBA is AES Japan. So is this just an
    accident or is this an emulationprobelm depending in the set CPU Power ? Exp. 200% ? Another thing is on my AES when i finally kill in SSII
    an enemy he will start to flash and split to half. Thats on the FBA not possible or do i have to choose another Bios ?

I hope my english is good enough If not just ask me again

About the Universe Bios

I know how to load it but didnt found the setup right now.
    Do somebody have a kind of list which games has it benefits though setting soft and hardware dips ?

Very very kind regards.

Playing and do some experiments with the FBA makes so much fun.
    Last edited by GenAn; 2nd-October-2016 at 07:43.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hello warrior

ThanX 4 the fast reply.

Well to overclock the system was one of the first things i figured out

Is the 150% CPU Speed just a recommandation or depends it to the maximum overclock on the used hardware that emulates the Console ?
    I normally run FBA on 200 % without any problems. One of ma favorite games is samurai shodown 2 which do i also have on the real machine.
    When i compare the emulated version to the original version i believe there is sometimes a little problem with the collision or hitbox.
    For example when i play with ukyo and do the Zanzou Fumikomi Giri ( half circle forward and slash )sometimes it ends behind the foe.
    Thats on the original AES Module with normal Bios impossible. I never done this. My Standart Bios in the FBA is AES Japan. So is this just an
    accident or is this an emulationprobelm depending in the set CPU Power ? Exp. 200% ? Another thing is on my AES when i finally kill in SSII
    an enemy he will start to flash and split to half. Thats on the FBA not possible or do i have to choose another Bios ?

I hope my english is good enough If not just ask me again
    150% is just a recommendation from me as it appears at 150 is when it hits its max for most games, you can just leave it at 200%.

Regarding emulation issues , last I recall it was pretty much spot on with the real hardware.

I have used real neogeo arcade cabinets in the past and I see no difference, I believe what you were noticing was maybe the regional / dipswitch differences but I may be wrong.

You can always try MAME to see for sure and if it is true itil have to be reported to the FBA team.

About the Universe Bios

I know how to load it but didnt found the setup right now.
    Do somebody have a kind of list which games has it benefits though setting soft and hardware dips ?

Very very kind regards.

Playing and do some experiments with the FBA makes so much fun.
    There is no list but all it takes is loading up the game and hitting start+coin and checking the cheats.

Metal Slug requires you to use the Universe Bios and hit the dipswitch button (F2) and turn on blood, the blood option is not in the cheats for that game and KOF 2001 will revert to Japanese text regardless if blood is forced on, not sure is Bouncy Mai has a effect on the Jap text.

Thanks
    EP Points

ThanX Mate for your fast support.

FBA rocks so hard !!! I played today 3 hours SSII and also played a long time Garou.
    What is very funny .... sometimes i recognize some bad ass enemys and sent me back
    in the old times. Same enemy same frustrating time same anger but nowdays i will
    try not to kill my Arcadestick

Ahm one more Q.

When i download Neo Geo CD rar. Should i first creat an ISO or is it possible to load and play
    them the same easy way like the arcaderoms

Edit: Is it possible ton run the original Arcade Version of Killer Instinct on the FBA ?

CU soon and thanx for all !!!!
    Very thankfull and kind regards.
    Last edited by GenAn; 3rd-October-2016 at 07:36.

Thanks

Hello,

is there a way to convert my NeoRageX rom pack to FBA (for my retropie box) please ?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by madjpm View Post
    Hello,

is there a way to convert my NeoRageX rom pack to FBA (for my retropie box) please ?
    You will need to use a Rom Manager and that is not a user friendly experience , I suggest just looking for your needed romset.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You need for converting...

A dat file for what you converting it to i.e. a FBA dat file for the version that Retropie is based on

ClrMamePro

Load the dat into ClrMamePro

Hit the big Settings Button and set the roms folder up to the folder that you will be using for FBA

Look at the Rebuild option and set the source folder to the folder that has the roms for NeoRageX

If you do not want to remove roms but just make another set then make sure delete matching roms is not ticked

Hit Rebuild

After you can use the Scanner option to see if anything is missing

I don't think this is complicated but can take a bit of getting used to the first time you go through the process and depending the size of the rom set can take some time, but the process is mostly automated, finding the correct dat file is possibly the hardest part
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-November-2016 at 17:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR