Thread: Lunar: The Silver Star for Sega CD - No sound

Thanks

Question Lunar: The Silver Star for Sega CD - No sound

Hey Folks!

I was able to get a hold of a dump for this game. I have the ISO, CUE and ~50 WAV files. I can get the game to load in both RetroArch and in Fusion, however, there is no music. The WAV files are in the same directory as the ISO and the CUE file, and the file names for the WAV files are entered correctly in the CUE file. I also compared this CUE file to a CUE file for a Sega CD game that i know works & the syntax looks fine to me. So... I'm kind of at a loss.

I know there's a tool out there called the Sega CD CUE Maker, however, it does not work on modern versions of Windows. There used to be a workaround where you just downloaded & registered a certain .OCX file, however, it seems that MS has blocked that from working at this point.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the contents of my CUE file, in case anything jumps out:

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Thanks

OK - So, the problem seems to be related to RetroArch. Any of my SegaCD ROMS that I load in RetroArch have no sound. If I load them up in Fusion, however, I do get sound. So, Fusion it is, I guess

There is still a remaining problem. In Lunar specifically, the music is sped up to like quadruple speed! Anyone encounter that before?