Thread: Corrupt PS2 downloads?

Thanks

Default Corrupt PS2 downloads?

Not specifically a dead link, but every PS2 game I download is corrupted. I've tried unzipping them with both WinRAR and 7-Zip and downloading from either HTTP or FTP to no avail. I don't know what could be causing this problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Holt_Allen View Post
    Not specifically a dead link, but every PS2 game I download is corrupted. I've tried unzipping them with both WinRAR and 7-Zip and downloading from either HTTP or FTP to no avail. I don't know what could be causing this problem.
    I'm going to move your post to a new thread in the Broken Links & Download Problems since I'm pretty sure you are referring to the Main Site downloads.
    Could you tell us some of the games you've tried to download to test them out? And also, are the files you've downloaded complete?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I'm going to move your post to a new thread in the Broken Links & Download Problems since I'm pretty sure you are referring to the Main Site downloads.
    Could you tell us some of the games you've tried to download to test them out? And also, are the files you've downloaded complete?
    Thanks for taking the time to move my post to the correct forum and create a new thread for it Cookie Monster!

I've tried to download Rogue Galaxy (USA), Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 4 (USA), Final Fantasy XII (USA), and Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence (USA) (Disc 1). All of them report the same error in WinRAR which says, "the archive is corrupt", and 7-Zip which says there is a, "data error". I have had no problem downloading numerous SNES ROMs and PSX ISOs on the main site, along with PS2 ISOs linked through the upload forum.

EDIT: Also I have tried downloading from both the HTTP and FTP server.
    EDIT 2: Yes, all of the downloads where complete at the time I tried to unzip them.
    Last edited by Holt_Allen; 10th-September-2016 at 17:05.

Thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

It looks like your downloads are getting corrupted on the way down. What is the md5sum of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core? It should be: 58ad88f0ae0962edc074be819f0b1b7c

I've tested the files on the server and there is no problem so there's some sort of issue down the wire.

Thanks
    EP Points

md5 of Final Fantasy XII (USA) should be: 94de2953397236dae94ac9a0dd80b6c6

Thanks

I just downloaded Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence (USA) (Disc 1) and extracted without any problem, as it mentioned above you should check the md5 checksum against the one provided by the site they should be the same, otherwise there must be something went wrong with your download.

I would suggest downloading the files with a download manager such as IDM.

Thanks

Maybe your internet connection is weak and the game did not downloaded 100% completion.