Thread: epsxe wont scan for games [Android]

Thanks

Default epsxe wont scan for games [Android]

Hi all, I seem to have a bit of a problem with getting epsxe on android to register any of the games on my sd card nor on my internal as well. It used to work just fine but I recently decided to get a larger sd card so I could pop a few more games on. The problem does not lay with the sd card as I have a few other emulators that all have games on the sd card and all seem to work fine, its just epsxe that is having trouble. I tried a few test games earlier and they worked fine before I decided to just chuck what I could fit on it. Now it wont read any of the new ones, just the ones that were on previously. I have tried to get it to scan but it just keeps coming up with the same games, I have also uninstalled it multiple times, cleared data and cache, deleted the epsxe folder, restarted my phone a few times and no matter what it will just not show the games. is there a limit to how many it can process or am I just missing something here? I can see them all in the list as well when I search the directory directly but when I click on any of the games it just goes to a black screen and loads nothing, they all work on the pc version as well. The games that showed up previously work like a charm however and run perfectly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Copy saves to a different folder (as in make a backup)
    Go to your App area (mine is the icon of a 4x4 grid)
    Hold on the ePSXe icon and when the option comes up, drag and drop over App Info
    Locate the option to Clear Cache. Tap it.
    Restart the ePSXe app.
    This should force ePSXe to run a new scan.

If that doesn't work, there is another option in the App Info screen to Clear Data, which would clear any Settings you have changed and possibly saved games. This is why I advise backing up your saves. If you don't know how, there are apps like Androzip or Zarchiver that should let you get into your folders and files to copy and move things, unzip, etc. In Androzip there is an icon at the top with a page with a check box next to a few lines, which will let you copy/delete/extract multiple files. This will make backing things up much faster. If you don't have the .CUE file, you can download that from the same page I linked above, from the "CUEs and SBIs" link.

--------------
    EDIT:
    After reading another thread it occurs to me to ask about the file types. The emulator in the other thread only detects .CUE files, but if you have files with the type .BIN.ECM, they need to be extracted with unECM.exe which you can download as part of ECM tools from a link in this thread. Extract the ECM tools and copy unECM.exe, then in the folder with any .ECM file, paste a shortcut. You can now drag and drop the .ECM file onto your unECM shortcut which should bring up a small black window shortly and then place a usable .BIN file into the same folder.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 8th-September-2016 at 06:01.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Well like I said already I my post earlier, I have already tried clearing data and cache a few times, still yielding the same results of just showing the original test games I put through. I have made backups already of all my saves so that isn't a worry.

As for the .emc files I'm already well aware of that and have previously unemc'd all the roms that needed this. There is a few games that do have a .cue with them, however it still is not picking them up either. I might try removing some of the games down to see if that changes anything.

Thanks for the help so far.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Is the .APK to install ePSXe still on your phone? If so you might have to uninstall and reinstall.

Have you looked on ePSXe's website to see if they have documentation or forums? I don't have it on my phone, that's why I'm suggesting things to try on your phone instead. It is possible that there are options in ePSXe menus that would fix this but I don't know what they are. Try their website. It might be something you can find and fix in a minute.

Thanks

It was through the play store, in which I have done so many a times, to which I still get the same results as if I just cleared data unfortunately

I have browsed their website and unfortunately there is no documentation for this problem I am having. They don't really have forums on their main site, just a bit of trouble shooting which comes no where near this problem.

I have found that if I download a rom to the phones internal and then later transfer it over to the sad card some of them work but if I just try to put them directly on the sd card from a card reader they just don't show. I might have to just do that over and over till I have the ones I want on the sd card.

Thanks anyway for your help though

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds like you have a solution. Sorry that it's so tedious.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll23 View Post
    It was through the play store, in which I have done so many a times, to which I still get the same results as if I just cleared data unfortunately

I have browsed their website and unfortunately there is no documentation for this problem I am having. They don't really have forums on their main site, just a bit of trouble shooting which comes no where near this problem.

I have found that if I download a rom to the phones internal and then later transfer it over to the sad card some of them work but if I just try to put them directly on the sd card from a card reader they just don't show. I might have to just do that over and over till I have the ones I want on the sd card.

Thanks anyway for your help though
    are the files in a different format IE .7z or .rar? I've had this issue before when transferring from pc to microsd, also make sure the names have no odd characters such as #$%^& ect

Thanks

They are all iso, bin, cue, or cdi. I would imagine just some wouldn't show if they had inconsistencies in the names, not none.

Thanks though but I've double check this before hand.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well my only other experience with this type of thing is the files somehow becoming courupt between PC and SD oh well at least it's working for you

Thanks

I feel like that might be the problem, so I opted to just format the whole card and transfer just a few games at a time and so far they seem to be showing up. A real shame I had to do that as I had about a good 70 odd gig of ps1 games on there. Just will take a while I suppose but it's better then transferring it all over and having it do the same.

Thanks
    EP Points

I use esfile explorer to keep my SD card fresh and it helps prevent that for me at least

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just a hint to keep your SD card in a good state only ever do single file operation at once so don't have 2 move or copy operations running at once just keep it to a singlke session also do not delete at the same time as you copy or move files either

you can copy as many files as you like just do that in one session so it does not need to be one file at a time, just one session at a time

The reason you should not is because flash memory becomes corrupt too easy to start with and doing a delete at the same time as doing a copy or just doing multiple copy operations at the same time will cause sectors to contain mixed up parts of two or more files making them harder to read

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks very much guys, it seems to be fine now. Most games have shown up now, there are a few that still won't show but I guess that would be more of a problem to do with the actual games themselves as I haven't tested every single one of them yet.

I've got Es file Explorer already on there and it seems to do well.

Ill have to keep that in mind for future transfers, I do have a tendency to transfer multiple things at a time.