Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playstation Help [Raspberry Pi 3]

Thanks

Default Playstation Help [Raspberry Pi 3]

Ok I am a total newbie when it comes to emulators. I am more of a woodworker who decided to build an arcade machine who got lost in the electronics world. I have most of my systems up and running except the PlayStation. I have done everything that I can find to do, but still no luck. I am running a Raspberry Pi 3 with RetroPie version 4.0.2. I have added scph1001.bin to the bios folder, downloaded the multiple game pieces and added them to the rom folder. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated. Please remember I am a rookie so keep the responses and simple as possible lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What problems are you having? Any error messages?

Thanks
    EP Points

OP states "downloaded the multiple game pieces and added them to the rom folder".
    I'm wondering if the games are still in archives and the emulator needs them to be images

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    What problems are you having? Any error messages?

The PlayStation stuff isn't showing up in the retro pie dashboard (or whatever the main screen is called) all my others games are there. It's like the PlayStation games don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    OP states "downloaded the multiple game pieces and added them to the rom folder".
    I'm wondering if the games are still in archives and the emulator needs them to be images
    Not a clue what that means lol.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 8th-September-2016 at 01:24. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by handydaddy View Post
    The PlayStation stuff isn't showing up in the retro pie dashboard (or whatever the main screen is called) all my others games are there. It's like the PlayStation games don't exist.
    What playstation emulator are you using, and are the PSX games inside archives?

Edit:
    What are the file extensions of the games?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, probably a file extension problem or an extraction issue. The file extensions are listed on the support site:
    https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie.../Playstation-1

The "game pieces" you downloaded will need to be decompressed into a single game image. Can you right click on one of the files and click properties? I want to know what format the parts are.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    What playstation emulator are you using, and are the PSX games inside archives?

Edit:
    What are the file extensions of the games?
    How do I find out which emulator I am running?

I have tried multiple games, but to keep things simple I'm going to pick one and stick with it til we get everything figured out. One part of the file is a bin and the other is an ecm. While trying to unzip the ecm I get a warning message that an error occurred while extracting. (Says irrecoverable error).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't extract the ecm and never rename file extensions. For the ECM you will need ECM tools.
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...cm_tools/36839

Drag the ECM file top of unecm

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah don't worry about what emu you're using atm, just unecm the files that need to have that done. They're unusable otherwise.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Ok I have gotten one game to work!! But in the process of trying so many things I'm not sure what it was that actually worked 😔 I am attempting another game. Two of the three files unzip fine and are a bin.ecm. The other keeps giving me a message saying errors occurred while unzipping. So I know that it will work I just need to figure out what I did right the first time and repeat.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What format is the third file?

Thanks
    EP Points

Use the latest version of 7zip (from the official site) to extract archives.
    http://www.7-zip.org/
    It's completely free.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This link shows which PSX emulators are available in Retropie. See if you can find any of them in the file system, etc.

Why arent my .bin files showing in Emulation Station?

Since June 16th 2016 the RetroPie script has configured Emulation Station to no longer show .bin files in the UI. This means that a .cue file is required to start the game.
    Just down from the above text are instructions to build your own .cue files, or you can download them from the CUEs and SBIs link in this thread. Copy the .CUE files you need and place them in the folder with the unECM'ed BIN files. If you downloaded your games from Emuparadise they should be compatible. If not, you can open the .CUE file in a text editor and change the .BIN file names to match.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

I was using winzip, switched to 7zip and everything is working great. Thanks again for all of your help.

Now to move on to my GameCube issues lol.