Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Akarawx View Post
    everything checked out except different CRC error on default.xbe
    try my copy then

I'm off to bed now, so good luck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

I've dloaded the copy from here: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-Tail-(NTSC-U)

I've extracted and FTP'd to my Xbox and it worked first time.

PAL softmod Xbox (Enigmah switched to NTSC) Using XBMC dash, tried UleashX as an app, still works.
    Tried switching to PAL and still works.
    Used FlashFXP to transfer the folder to Xbox.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackhammer For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmm still sounds like a cache issue, hopefully not the limit issue as nothing else new would work...

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

It worked with your xbe Thank you, I wonder why it didn't like it for me? .-.

Btw is there a fix for the limit issue? when i got this xbox it had over 200 different game saves on it...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Xfat limit is 240

I do not remember how to fix that once it is reached though, that was why I hoped it would not be that, I'm sure I ended up formatting when that happened to me

I would try and prevent it by not letting get that far (I don't have my Xbox to hand at the moment Jackhammer may be able to tell you though) there are two location extra data is created one is just for saves the other is for data that is created when you first run the game

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh okay, I think I know the locations you're talking about. I'm thinking of doing a full reformat when I upgrade to a 2tb drive later in the month, so I hope I don't hit that wall before then lol. Thank you for all the help, both of you.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Should of said but never delete all the saves some parts of that are used if you are using a softmod

Also when it comes to upgrading take into account that it takes an age to this to start with so it's a good idea to have minimal files on the HDD before updating to a new one

Not sure it matters as much for Mod Chip users though

Also not all HDD's work with the xbox especially softmod users as not all HDD's are lockable

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?87071 = XBOX FATX limitations and notes it's worth a read
    http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list lists HDD drives that work and some that don't but it tells you

I'm sure you must know this but the xbox uses IDE ports so unless you get a SATA/IDE converter you are not going to be able to use a 2TB drive in it, the biggest IDE drive is apx 750GB I think it was, as it happens that is what I use
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-September-2016 at 08:13.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I was going to get a ide bridge and use a seagate drive there only seems to be a few supported 2tb drives unfortunately

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It might seem over kill anyway, but totally up to you

you can only format the max of a 1TB partition anyway and most dashboards that I remember only support a single games folder on a single partition

though I guess you could have video's or something on another large partition
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-September-2016 at 14:48.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I have been making my own linux distro for the Xbox for awhile now it's just a modified version of damn small Linux to use as a backup server for my other consoles on my network so 1tb would probably be ext4 format anyway lol

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Should of said but never delete all the saves some parts of that are used if you are using a softmod

Also when it comes to upgrading take into account that it takes an age to this to start with so it's a good idea to have minimal files on the HDD before updating to a new one

Not sure it matters as much for Mod Chip users though

Also not all HDD's work with the xbox especially softmod users as not all HDD's are lockable
    Upgrading HDD for modchip users is very simple, at least for the handful of different chips I've come across. No need for locked drives so you can pretty much use whatever you want.
    I have never had any problem trying to use any different brand/model HDD but I've always used IDE drives (up to about 320GB iirc, but that's just the max size I've had in my possession).

I have read that quite a few people have had trouble trying to get 2TB drives working, but it is possible. I should really look into that myself at some stage.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 5th-September-2016 at 00:59.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Think I was wrong about a single folder for games at least for XBMC that I'm sure you can add sources to it from other folders, but XBMC is one of the more advanced dashboards

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I might install it if I can have multiable dashes

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I may use XBMC that has plenty of game fixes of it's own to start with and for me is the best dash out but I also use Avalaunch dash to get my FTP boosts when I copy games over

I use Avalaunch though as an app via XBMC to make it just too easy to swap to it and as it happens avalaunch has it own built in shortcut to go back to XBMC but even if a Dash does not have a shortcut you can just make one so yes it is possible to swap between dashboards

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you for your help with everything, if you wish you can close this thread.