Thread: Playstation Vita has officially been hacked and you can now dump and load games!

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation Playstation Vita has officially been hacked and you can now dump and load games!

Hello fellow EPforums members. This is a public service announcement. I wanted to inform all of you that as of this writing the Playstation Vita has officially been hacked with the ability to dump and load games. I have been following the vita scene closely for years and as of last night/this morning it has finally happened thanks to TheFlow, Major Tom, and mr. Gas. I would like to humbly request a new section(sub forum) under the "Upload Services" category for the Playstation Vita to be made as I would like to contribute dumps/games/help to users. I am new to this site and have found it to be an incredible resource for all things games specifically the "Wii" which I have softmodded and started loading games from a USB loader from. I appreciate the uploads that people like "Ragnar" have shared and would simply just like to contribute to the Vita (albeit small) community on this site. I have games that I can dump myself and upload. Below you will find the link to the Vita Hack Dump/tool(and download) in addition to some information on the hackers that made it all possible: Please be aware that you MUST be on Vita Firmware 3.60 in order to use this tool and you MUST have the "Henkaku" Exploit installed on your vita.

https://bitbucket.org/TheOfficialFloW/vitamin

Edit: Admins; In the future I would like to become a MOD for this new "Vita" section under Upload Services when/should it come(s) to fruition and would like to know what I can do in order to make that happen. I realize this is a stretch to just simply ask to become a mod but I am very much interested in helping others and contributing to this great community. Regardless to whether or not I am able to become a mod in the future, I intend on contributing greatly to this section once it is up and running! So mods please let me know when/if you add it so that I may start preparing things for it!

Please don't hesitate to pm me or respond on this thread with any thoughts, questions, or comments and happy modding everyone!
    Last edited by r3dxk1ng; 30th-August-2016 at 19:17.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I doubt there will be a Vita uploads section anytime soon. Or 3DS for that matter and that has had playable games via flashcarts/CFW for some time, plus an emulator that is being actively developed.

As for being a mod, please don't take this the wrong way but you only just got here. If you had any experience being staff on sites you would realise that asking for such a position without being a regular contributing member for some time usually doesn't work in your favour.

But I'm not involved in making decisions about either of these things as I'm just an smod...admins decide these things.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you for your response. In regards to being a mod I TOTALLY understand and do not take it the wrong way at all. Im more interested in a Vita sub forum/uploads section more than anything else. Why do you doubt that there will be a vita uploads section anytime soon? What steps are necessary to make this happen?I was under the impression that the console being available for dumping/loading would be justification enough to have a section? I have already dumped most if not all of my games for vita (both physical and digital) and am ready to upload but just need a section to put them in.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by r3dxk1ng View Post
    Why do you doubt that there will be a vita uploads section anytime soon? What steps are necessary to make this happen?I was under the impression that the console being available for dumping/loading would be justification enough to have a section? I have already dumped most if not all of my games for vita (both physical and digital) and am ready to upload but just need a section to put them in.
    There won't be a 3DS section anytime soon. Old 3DS is no longer being produced (although 2DS is afaik), system has several flashcarts available for some time now, system has been exploited for a while so there are CFW options, there is an emulator that is being actively developed and supported.

But as I said I don't make decisions about this sort of thing.
    Last time a new section was added it was the 10+ years old PC games sub forum and I supported that idea.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 30th-August-2016 at 20:52.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I see..Do you know who is responsible for making these type of decisions so that I may perhaps PM them in hopes of getting this sub forum done or do you think it won't matter/happen regardless?

Thanks
    EP Points

I see..Do you know who is responsible for making these type of decisions so that I may perhaps PM them in hopes of getting this sub forum done or do you think it won't matter/happen regardless?
    No need Staff have noticed your thread already.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok cool thanks!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Twas my idea for the 10+ years on PC software though was not my decision on my own I just put the idea forward

Overall though we can't start supporting hardware that is still active.... well not the software for it anyway

We can offer support for hacking and work rounds but not for the games software itself, not without the risk of being shut down completely even for some of the older system software we do get asked to take certain games down from time to time that we can only comply with to keep us going without risk of being shut down

If it was not for this risk I'm sure there would be no issues at all with sharing contents of this type, though the idea of our forum/site is for preservation of software for systems no longer available as a new item and give our users and ourselves a way to go back to these games from our past

As for the Original 3DS vs the New 3DS the software is still 3DS software, there is only 1 single retail game cart that is for New 3DS only and a small handful of eShop software mostly SNES emulated games that officially is only N3DS, you might aswell say that the PSP slim is a different console to the original PSP that has lower specs

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I understand. Nevertheless it was worth a shot to ask and will just contribute my library/uploads elsewhere. Thanks for the response. I still love this site no matter what!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I understand. Nevertheless it was worth a shot to ask and will just contribute my library/uploads elsewhere. Thanks for the response. I still love this site no matter what!
    No harm in asking at all

I wish it was ok, I have a ton of stuff just sat on HDD's that just can't be shared...

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

How do you explain all the other stuff that is shared though being that some hardware is still active in different parts of the world? How are you defining active?
    Last edited by r3dxk1ng; 31st-August-2016 at 20:57.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

How do you explain all the other stuff that is shared though being that some hardware is still active in different parts of the world?
    The newer the consoles are, the riskier to share their games is. Special mention for Nintendo who protect their copyrights zealously. Whenever we feel it's safe(r) to share something newer, we'll let our members know it.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Still officially produced by the official company and or developed for officially... <- that would be active

So not back stock in odd countries of older software or hardware and unofficial developers are not counted (unofficial, like what we get for the Dreamcast from time to time, although they go for retail sale they are still not officially authorized by Sega for there Dreamcast)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-August-2016 at 21:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    The newer the consoles are, the riskier to share their games is. Special mention for Nintendo who protect their copyrights zealously. Whenever we feel it's safe(r) to share something newer, we'll let our members know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Still officially produced by the official company and or developed for officially... <- that would be active

So not back stock in odd countries of older software or hardware and unofficial developers are not counted (unofficial, like what we get for the Dreamcast from time to time, although they go for retail sale they are still not officially authorized by Sega for there Dreamcast)
    Thanks for the clarification guys. Makes more sense when you put it that way. IMO the vita is practically dead at this point. The only games being made for it are 3rd party indie games for the most part so it wont be too much longer until the hardware is no longer active so I will just wait patiently until that day comes as its not that far off and I look forward to the day when you guys add that section here (in addition to the 3ds).

Edit: In the meantime I am happy to help other users with support for hacking the vita if they need it. Just shoot me a pm or post on this thread.
    Last edited by r3dxk1ng; 31st-August-2016 at 21:33.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to r3dxk1ng For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I messed on most of yesterday to get the basic Henkaku mod installed

Not that the mod is hard to install but the updating from an older firmware to 3.60 ended up being a nightmare (not because that was hard either)

the issue was that the xml file had the incorrect regional settings in it and my Vita refused the connection via USB, because I thought is was correct with eu in it I was looking at the USB drivers that kept on locking it up so you could not just re-install em or update them, so ended up spending a lot of time trying drivers out

ends up eu should of been uk in the update xml and it just worked (Yeah my Vita is a UK vita though thought at the time eu would be correct)

noob friendly not really, difficult not at all.

The Vita is not totally dead but yeah it's on it's way, Nintendo's handhelds always had more life to them than any other handheld (I'm not a Nintendo fan boy I'm a games console fan boy, I have a lot of them)

Side note: as I found out the hard way but No-Intro PSvita sets have no use as far as I can tell
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-September-2016 at 17:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]