Page 251 of 271 FirstFirst ... 151201241246247248249250251252253254255256261 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 4053

Thread: The Milady was here Out: Your hangout is full of death growls

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Best not to be serious about such things. Only sci-fi deserves serious attention
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 9th-December-2016 at 04:44.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think Winter Soldier is the best of the Cap movies. Didn't like Civil War so much, but I think Cookie liked it.
    I'm not a real comic fan, I mostly watch these things because there isn't enough sci-fi around
    I watch them for similar reasons. I figure I'm in for a decent action-y movie with good budgeting at worst.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The lack of sci-fi titles worth watching these days has been disheartening .

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I know

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Civil war is good. Just too many characters.

Thanks
    EP Points

The first movie was good, Winter Soldier was the best and Civil War was the worst. That's how I feel about them.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I think Winter Soldier is the best of the Cap movies. Didn't like Civil War so much, but I think Cookie liked it.
    I'm not a real comic fan, I mostly watch these things because there isn't enough sci-fi around
    Holy shit, someone who actually agrees with me on this.

Winter Soldier is one of the best MCU movies, has a hell of an ending, then along comes Civil War to throw all of that out the window along with anything remotely interesting from the original comic arc in favour of cheap "character from other franchise you like is doing a thing" moments. It's a bloated mess that serves only to set up the next set of films.

Thanks
    EP Points

But maybe I have odd opinions about superhero movies
    Didn't like Guardians of the Galaxy so much, mainly because it seemed a little cutesy (like for kids) but with some more adult stuff thrown in. Neither here nor there.
    Green Lantern, well it isn't a good movie but I think it's still better than Bats v Supes.
    I really enjoyed Deadpool, mainly because I think I'm at the point where I need more humour in these movies to keep me entertained. It's also a movie obviously aimed at an older audience although I'm sure plenty of kids have seen it.

I'm not a fan of Ryan Reynolds at all btw.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 9th-December-2016 at 05:07.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Holy shit, someone who actually agrees with me on this.

Winter Soldier is one of the best MCU movies, has a hell of an ending, then along comes Civil War to throw all of that out the window along with anything remotely interesting from the original comic arc in favour of cheap "character from other franchise you like is doing a thing" moments. It's a bloated mess that serves only to set up the next set of films.
    Well like I said I'm not a comic fan. So what you're getting is an opinion coming from somebody that watches a lot of movies (for decades) but prefers sci-fi more than anything else.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I think plot elements in Cap movies to do with WW2 and the cold war also make them more interesting for me anyway. I basically watched Agent Carter because of that.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Why do you have to be so incredibly picky about everything and everyone here? You sure enjoy being deliberately argumentative and confrontational about trivial things. You cry for EVERY single thing, just relax dude. Or grow up, whatever it's easier for you.
    It's the staff who sets what tags are used in the uploads section. No one is asking you to share anything, so yeah, get rid of what you've shared and take your bravados with you.
    ^^ good, we're on the same page.
    1, picky?
    you've got some nerve, nuking me for a bs reason.
    2, missed the point entirely. how would YOU like it if i changed your shit behind you back.
    3, far from trivial, a fuckwit at the isozone did the same, and i got BANNED for that too.
    BANNED for abuses of edit feature, even though records did show a rogue staffer on the loose.
    4, as i put it up, i call the shots, since you're all to quick to do it on a whim.
    5, if you read the reason for the delete, you'd understand.
    7, like i said, this hit home when i've put shittones of effort in, effort that's been has been hampered by staffs at word go.
    missing the point and it's far from trivial.
    if i did this, i get banned.
    oh wait, i did once, and it wasn't even me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Another one here for Winter Soldier over Civil War. Thought the former was easily one of the best movies out of Marvel's whole run, and was a super-tight, well paced action movie in its own right as well as one that made interesting and meaningful contributions to the Marvel movie universe. And though I didn't dislike the latter by any means, it was the first of Marvel's standalone movies that I really felt suffered as a result of its place in the larger cinematic universe project rather than gaining from it. I thought it frequently struggled under the weight of all the extra characters and all of the story threads it needed to set up for later development of the wider story, and seemed torn between whether it wanted to be a Captain America movie or Avengers 2.5. Still entertaining, but nowhere near as satisfying for me, and one I'd personally consider one of Marvel's weaker movies despite plenty of fun moments. I actually thought it had a lot of the same issues as Age of Ultron despite its much more positive reception.

Thanks
    EP Points

thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I watched Suicide Squad extended the other day too. Basically all I did was watch Margot Robbie
    Then it was a time well invested

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Wil Smith is always annoying.
    So much this, I can't stand him.

I did like it but I liked Winter Soldier much more. Winter Soldier, Guardians and the first Iron Man are, for different reasons, my favourite Marvel Productions movies. Dr. Strange aside

Anyways, it's not that you can compare them because they are way too different and served a very different purpose in the grand scheme the Marvel Cinematic Universe is. WS is kind of a political thriller while CW is more of a conventional action movie. Both have merits but, as a movie considered in its own, WS is more interesting overall. Now, what CW does brilliantly is tying up tons of loose ends from previous Marvel flicks while at the same time setting a new uncertain scenario for new stories.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by amiga1200 View Post
    ^^ good, we're on the same page.
    1, picky?
    you've got some nerve, nuking me for a bs reason.
    2, missed the point entirely. how would YOU like it if i changed your shit behind you back.
    3, far from trivial, a fuckwit at the isozone did the same, and i got BANNED for that too.
    BANNED for abuses of edit feature, even though records did show a rogue staffer on the loose.
    4, as i put it up, i call the shots, since you're all to quick to do it on a whim.
    5, if you read the reason for the delete, you'd understand.
    7, like i said, this hit home when i've put shittones of effort in, effort that's been has been hampered by staffs at word go.
    missing the point and it's far from trivial.
    if i did this, i get banned.
    oh wait, i did once, and it wasn't even me.
    Sorry, but I'm not even going to waste the time replying properly to your post. You wrongly presume stuff and you are too paranoid to understand anything. So, I'll be brief.

I did not edit your thread but I fully endorse what was done. Threads are neither yours not ours. They belong to the forum and those who manage the forums dispose of them as they see more convenient for everyone. Use your common sense, if you still have any.

If you don't feel comfortable here, just leave. If you insist in making us not feel comfortable, we'll ban you, As simple as it sounds. I dare you to find a more patient and lenient place with everyone than we are.