Page 202 of 271 FirstFirst ... 102152192197198199200201202203204205206207212252 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 4053

Thread: The Milady was here Out: Your hangout is full of death growls

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Freezes are pretty rare on my 360. I think I've only seen them in summer when it's really hot.
    My PS3 on the other hand freezes and crashes quite a bit regardless of the temperature. If you wanna play TES/Fallout games you need to take some preventative measures, including avoiding using magic or laser/plasma weapons.

Spoiler warning:

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Freezes are pretty rare on my 360. I think I've only seen them in summer when it's really hot.
    My PS3 on the other hand freezes and crashes quite a bit regardless of the temperature. If you wanna play TES/Fallout games you need to take some preventative measures, including avoiding using magic or laser/plasma weapons.
    No external fans or anything?

My PS3 has the best external fan and it stays at a moderate temp, even the discs when ejected after extended play are room temp.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

never had a freeze on any of the two systems in my possession, they are the first generation of ps3/360 though.
    preventative measures?
    right!
    rip em apart, both of em, and redo all the thermal grease regardless of how new the console is.
    what i did, and i've razzed the bollocks off them both.
    still gets a bit warm, nothing like OEM in any case.
    naturally, the longer this goes by without address, the greater chances of console death.
    i guess they don't make them like they used to eh?! (and as for my 360, backburner. the games selection and media usage makes me ill thinking about it.)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I rarely use it now anyway, but no I never bothered with an addon fan for the 360.
    It wouldn't make any difference for the PS3 'cos like I said it crashes regardless of temp. Unless it's designed for arctic conditions which we don't get here.

I have a large split system air conditioner plus some extra fans around the place to circulate air.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    If he were, there wouldn't be issues. Games didn't release broken then.
    Games back then like anything else nowadays have issues but I was referring to the junky hardware itself as I know this from firsthand experience at how the NES likes to fuck up on you at the worst possible times.

You mean kool aid in a bottle?
    No I mean Boonsfarm Sangria, its a few steps up from Koolaid as I hate Koolaid and that stuff tastes great and burns so good going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Yes. I'm playing Hitman '85 edition!!

First time this has happened to me..on this console anyhow.
    My PS3 has had a freeze like 3 times total since I got it years ago, seems to of been the games themselves I assume.

Hope to keep it that way and not breaking on me since I have no way to replace this bloody Slim and I was lucky to of gotten it brand new offa ebay for a decent price.

Gotta thank the FlimFlam Bros. for helping me find that deal.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I rarely use it now anyway, but no I never bothered with an addon fan for the 360.
    It wouldn't make any difference for the PS3 'cos like I said it crashes regardless of temp. Unless it's designed for arctic conditions which we don't get here.

I have a large split system air conditioner plus some extra fans around the place to circulate air.
    I'm so freaking glad I'm not in that hellhole which is florida anymore, seriously it has to have the same climate as where you are right now.

Here in* Sin City its cool/cold, window is open and it feels great plus no humidity.
    Last edited by Warrior; 23rd-November-2016 at 05:16.

Thanks
    EP Points

What's a game sequel you guys are really itching for? I pine for another Telltale Wolf Among Us game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah only a couple of freezes on this particular 360. This one and just one other with gtav I think.

Not gonna reply to the whole tes/fallout thing since we've gone over this 5 hundred times in the last 6 years

Thanks
    EP Points

I need to change my name to Furiosa methinks!!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

it's a fair assumption that some ps3 games freeze due to build. (bugs vs 360 versions)
    skyrim is one example.
    luckily this side, deliberately avoided most mainstream stuff, with exception to a specific few games. (console exclusives)
    not faced any freeze to date...
    then again, i don't play mainstream (rushed out the door) games, just strange stuff, wacky tastes.
    considering the money involved with mainstream fare, seems a lose on both counts...

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh when I did have Hitman Ab on ps3 I did get the save crash bug once and lost everything

Thanks
    EP Points

Tralalalala! Time for another shot!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

×gulp×

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen Noir View Post
    What's a game sequel you guys are really itching for? I pine for another Telltale Wolf Among Us game.

nothing likely...
    such as, a sequel to advent rising, and alter echo.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by amiga1200 View Post

nothing likely...
    such as, a sequel to advent rising, and alter echo.
    Those don't look like they'd have anything to offer me, but if it works for you.