Page 2 of 271 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 4053

Thread: The Milady was here Out: Your hangout is full of death growls

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15,285
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked 980 Times in 600 Posts

    EP Points
    5670

    Default

    I know Skyrim is getting released on current gen consoles but they really should seriously consider Morrowind & Oblivion. A little more work to enhance the former but they would both be worth doing.
    Spoiler warning:


    If you send me a friend request on PSN please identify yourself and possibly state a reason why. Blank requests will be ignored.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15,285
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked 980 Times in 600 Posts

    EP Points
    5670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Оak View Post

    Mega-rat.
    Yeah I was all like oh cool now I can explore and loot stuff
    Low stats + shitty equipment = fail against the weakest of enemies.

    I had so much fun playing that game for months.
    Spoiler warning:


    If you send me a friend request on PSN please identify yourself and possibly state a reason why. Blank requests will be ignored.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Astral Void
    Posts
    4,236
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 274 Times in 104 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    EP Points
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I know Skyrim is getting released on current gen consoles but they really should seriously consider Morrowind & Oblivion. A little more work to enhance the former but they would both be worth doing.
    Those aren't new enough to need a re-release .

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Astral Void
    Posts
    4,236
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 274 Times in 104 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    EP Points
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Yeah I was all like oh cool now I can explore and loot stuff
    Low stats + shitty equipment = fail against the weakest of enemies.

    I had so much fun playing that game for months.
    Morrowind was good fun back in the day. I appreciated that they made more of an effort to throw the story in my face with the expansions and subsequent games.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15,285
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked 980 Times in 600 Posts

    EP Points
    5670

    Default

    They would look new if they enhanced them. Modding TES games since III isn't a huge deal...I would guess there's way less involved compared to remastering Final Fantasy games.

    Enhance PC versions with mods then port them to current gen.
    Spoiler warning:


    If you send me a friend request on PSN please identify yourself and possibly state a reason why. Blank requests will be ignored.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15,285
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked 980 Times in 600 Posts

    EP Points
    5670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Оak View Post
    Morrowind was good fun back in the day. I appreciated that they made more of an effort to throw the story in my face with the expansions and subsequent games.
    I actually loved the idea that starting out there was little in the way of story & background being force-fed, it was like immersing yourself in the idea of spending a lot of time exploring, reading and planning what to do next. Find a new site to loot with harder enemies? Go somewhere else for a bit to build yourself up some more then go back.
    Spoiler warning:


    If you send me a friend request on PSN please identify yourself and possibly state a reason why. Blank requests will be ignored.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Posts
    3,807
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 700 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    EP Points
    15685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Оak View Post
    Fable combat so much better than Elder Drolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Оak View Post
    So, so, much better.
    Indeed it is.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.


  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Astral Void
    Posts
    4,236
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 274 Times in 104 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    EP Points
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    They would look new if they enhanced them. Modding TES games since III isn't a huge deal...I would guess there's way less involved compared to remastering Final Fantasy games.

    Enhance PC versions with mods then port them to current gen.
    Optionally, get PC versions .

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Astral Void
    Posts
    4,236
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 274 Times in 104 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    EP Points
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Indeed it is.
    Maybe if you're so drunk you're about to pass out.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Astral Void
    Posts
    4,236
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 274 Times in 104 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    EP Points
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I actually loved the idea that starting out there was little in the way of story & background being force-fed, it was like immersing yourself in the idea of spending a lot of time exploring, reading and planning what to do next. Find a new site to loot with harder enemies? Go somewhere else for a bit to build yourself up some more then go back.
    I'm not overly fond of nothing but sandbox; TES is pretty fun as such. I've already got a lot of games to choose from purely for gameplay though.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15,285
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked 980 Times in 600 Posts

    EP Points
    5670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Оak View Post
    Optionally, get PC versions .
    I have PC versions but never play them. I like console gaming on the couch and I don't like mouse + kb.
    Too much bother.
    Spoiler warning:


    If you send me a friend request on PSN please identify yourself and possibly state a reason why. Blank requests will be ignored.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Michigan.*shiver*
    Posts
    9,870
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 662 Times in 320 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    EP Points
    1235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Оak View Post
    Those aren't new enough to need a re-release .
    I see what you did there.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Astral Void
    Posts
    4,236
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 274 Times in 104 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    EP Points
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I would guess there's way less involved compared to remastering Final Fantasy games.
    With TES they don't have to care about original assets or making new ones for all kinds of stuff. There are sure to be the occasional unique models that need remaking or a bit of work. That's probably nothing compared to needing to remake the entire thing from scratch because the original assets were lost or aren't good enough for modern games.

    Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I have PC versions but never play them. I like console gaming on the couch and I don't like mouse + kb.
    Too much bother.
    I'd guess that Oblivion has controller support by default. There's always software to map KB/mouse to controller.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Astral Void
    Posts
    4,236
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 274 Times in 104 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    EP Points
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    I see what you did there.
    Do I win a prize ?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15,285
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked 980 Times in 600 Posts

    EP Points
    5670

    Default

    There's also too much temptation to blatantly cheat with PC versions. On consoles all you can do is exploit in-game.
    Although I do have some ported mods for TES III Xbox they aren't anything that make you totally OP, just some extra weapons and a few things. I have played around with some of those mods but honestly haven't spent much time playing the game using them. Majority of the time I played the game was using my retail PAL goty.
    Spoiler warning:


    If you send me a friend request on PSN please identify yourself and possibly state a reason why. Blank requests will be ignored.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •