Thread: Driving Me Nuts - How Do I Disable MAME Save States!?!

Thanks

Question Driving Me Nuts - How Do I Disable MAME Save States!?!

Per the subject, I hate the MAME (I have 175) save state feature. I want a fresh boot each time.

I CAN NOT for the life of me figure out how to kill it.

I tried setting Autosave to "0" in my MAME/ini/mame.ini file. I tried changing "autosave" to "noautosave". I tried deleting that section from the mame.ini file completely. I tried deleting the STA folder.

NOTHING is working. When I run MAME w/o a frontend and get the GUI, I see no settings option to check.

I'm at a complete loss. Does anyone know?

Thanks
    EP Points

The default is not to save, so you've probably got a bad mame.ini somewhere.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    The default is not to save, so you've probably got a bad mame.ini somewhere.
    Where else would a MAME.ini reside? I only know of one location, and wouldn't MAME only use one MAME.ini file?

If you have this installed and not having this problem, do you mind sharing your MAME.ini?