Thread: games on pc

Thanks
    EP Points

Default games on pc

im wanting to play darkwatch, midnight club 3 dub edition remix and halo 2 again, but i dont own a console anymore. just a gaming pc. im new to the whole emulator thing. what shall i need to get started

2. The Following User Says Thank You to S.S.Dragon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Xbox emulators are worthless so for Halo 2 you will have to use the PC version. It isn't old enough to be shared here yet so you're pretty much on your own with that.
    The other 2 titles are on PS2 but I have no idea if there are any emulation issues (PCSX2), you would have to look that up

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

i already tried pcsx2 and they said i need a bios image. which i never had a ps2. so the answer is no, no i will never play those games again...... just great

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by S.S.Dragon View Post
    i already tried pcsx2 and they said i need a bios image. which i never had a ps2. so the answer is no, no i will never play those games again...... just great
    http://www.emuparadise.me/biosfiles/bios.html

Thanks
    EP Points

It's normal that you would have to source platform bios for emus.
    Sometimes uploaders will have emu + bios packages, but emu developers as a rule do not include bios for legal reasons.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

is there a reason why xbox emulators are worthless? i would really love to play halo 2 again. it was one of my top 5 favorite games. if i an xbox emulator, i might as well play the other 2 there too

Thanks
    EP Points

is there a reason why xbox emulators are worthless? i would really love to play halo 2 again. it was one of my top 5 favorite games. if i an xbox emulator, i might as well play the other 2 there too
    They're worthless because nearly all games don't work at all, and the couple that do sort of work aren't exclusives iirc. I don't think any of them are still being developed but they had hardly any development anyway...better off using a real console.

As I said Halo 2 is on PC, the other 2 games have PS2 versions.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's due to the XBOX programming being dependent on the VERY SPECIFIC hardware of the XBOX. Your computer has DirectX software that can be updated, the XBOX has DirectX HARDWARE that all games had to be built around. If you add or change anything in your DirectX software it can change the memory location of everything else, which would break XBOX emulation, not to mention emulating something requires more power than running the original hardware.

TL:DR? Buy an XBOX. They aren't very expensive and they run XBOX games like a dream. You can also get the XBOX modded to emulate systems up to SNES. There are Nintendo64 emulators for it but they are not good.

As an added bonus, once you mod your XBOX you can use your router to put games on the Hard drive to keep your XBOX DVD drive from wearing out, and Emuparadise has games available to download. Running from the Hard drive works even better than running from the DVD drive too, since your game is not going to get scratched or smudged.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 29th-August-2016 at 20:52.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.