Thread: I made a video for the EverDrive GBA

Thanks
    EP Points

Default I made a video for the EverDrive GBA

The new EverDrive for gameboy advance is out now so I thought I would make a video about it.

Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-September-2016 at 08:49. Reason: changed your url tags to video tags

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to erfg12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Looks good but isn't it inferior to an EZ Flash 5-in-1?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jvook View Post
    Looks good but isn't it inferior to an EZ Flash 5-in-1?
    3 in 1

In a word nope you can't even use that in a GBA to start with anyway

The best GBA option is an actual GBA flash kit (Depending on the kit should have the highest compat)

The passthrough 3 in 1 and other similar type cards that use Slot one to store files basically it's a RAM expansion 3 in 1 versions include Rumble for DS games but will only work with a DS or DS Lite, a GBA flash kit would give better options though for DS/GBA linking without having to mess on (it is possible with a DS kit + 3in1 but it is a hassle)

Moving on to DSi and 3DS in DS mode then the Super Card DSTwo is the way to go but that is emulation and is ok for some games but not so much for others

3DS though has official GBA emulation that works just fine

Best GBA flash kit I had was the EZFlash Advance (totally different group to the EZ Flash kits) no patching, could either use a menu or use the card as a single game (down side was it used a flash chip instead of SD cards) but no longer found, so now this new card sounds like it is just as good but better as it supports SD cards

I can't see it acting as an original game though without the menu, that would only really come in handy for DS users anyway

I do kind of know my GBA stuff from back in the day
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-September-2016 at 08:57.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah you're right, I was thinking in terms of NDS where it works seamlessly with the NDS flashcart and gives you the 3in1 rumble, gyro etc. features. I must disagree that it is a hassle with nds flash card + ez flash though. I use CycloDS and ez flash 5in1, and I just select the GBA rom and push start.

Thanks for your answer. I can see why this is better for a real GBA.
    Last edited by jvook; 4th-September-2016 at 14:44.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jvook View Post
    I use CycloDS and ez flash 5in1, and I just select the GBA rom and push start.
    Not for GBA to DS linking you don't i.e. from the DS game have access to the GBA slot for extra game features

For example in one the DS pokemon games you can trade with GBA pokemon by having a GBA cart in Slot2 while playing the game in Slot1

Pokemon is not the only game either there are a few that have features like this that can unlock extra features and content otherwise unavailable

That is something different to just playing GBA games

I have gone through plenty of kits in my time, best for DS for me was the M3 Real kit that came with the Slot 2 card and no patching needed for DS or GBA Acecard2i was another good kit also did not need DS patches DSTwo I have sat around also but more for 3DS, older stuff I have had is the Original M3 DS kit (I forget it's exact name but the original R4 kit was a clone of the M3 kit (think it was the M3 Simply)) and a Supercard PassME (Original DS game required) that I used with a GBA flash kit M3 GBA kit I think it was (That was before they even started to make DS kits), I know there are other kits I have missed out, but most of those I had years ago
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-September-2016 at 08:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I'm thinking of investing in one (or more) of these to use with my retro console collection. Big ups to Krikzz! I'm super excited to put some of these through the paces.

Thanks
    EP Points

Nice video buddy keep up the GREAT WORK
    THE LEGEND OF

....2BKURUPT....