Thread: Download problems

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Download problems

Is it possible to trim iso files before making them available for downloading cuz its difficult for me to download files 2GB and above due to the slow connection in my locality

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic A2 View Post
    Is it possible to trim iso files before making them available for downloading cuz its difficult for me to download files 2GB and above due to the slow connection in my locality
    Try to use a download manager, some file hosting services allow you to resume your incomplete downloads.

Thanks
    EP Points

But I don't have any

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic A2 View Post
    But I don't have any
    Ummm. Get one?

Free Download Manager is alright. And Jdownloader (use the offline installer) There's a few out there for free..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Ummm. Get one?

Free Download Manager is alright. And Jdownloader (use the offline installer) There's a few out there for free..
    sorry but, as i pointed out in this thread ( http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ng-large-files ), neither of those work with this sites download links if your downloading from the main site. and if your on a slow connection, a built-in download manager such as firefox's won't work either. it'll take too long and simply fail after enough time has passed.

*looks at avatar pic* hmmm... o.O a fried egg, sausage, and cheese mixed in a bowl of grits or...sausage or bacon...darn. now i'm not sure which combination i'd like to try first when next i get the chance. >.< both sound so good...

edit: only one i know that works for sure is flashget when downloading from the main site here.
    Last edited by treos; 6th-August-2016 at 09:40.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    sorry but, as i pointed out in this thread ( http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ng-large-files ), neither of those work with this sites download links if your downloading from the main site. and if your on a slow connection, a built-in download manager such as firefox's won't work either. it'll take too long and simply fail after enough time has passed.

*looks at avatar pic* hmmm... o.O a fried egg, sausage, and cheese mixed in a bowl of grits or...sausage or bacon...darn. now i'm not sure which combination i'd like to try first when next i get the chance. >.< both sound so good...

edit: only one i know that works for sure is flashget when downloading from the main site here.
    The OP is wanting a way to make the forum files easier for him to download, not the main site downloads.

Thanks
    EP Points

Weird. I never used to have a problem using a download manager on the mainsite although it has been a couple years since I have done so. Maybe something has changed since then

I used to use IDM.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    The OP is wanting a way to make the forum files easier for him to download, not the main site downloads.
    actually, it wasn't really specified in the OP since you guys have ISO downloads both in the forums and on the main site.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Weird. I never used to have a problem using a download manager on the mainsite although it has been a couple years since I have done so. Maybe something has changed since then

I used to use IDM.
    i really don't know why those 2 wouldn't work tbh. as said in that other thread, FDM just said "invalid_referer.php.html" when i copy/pasted the download link and as for jdownloader, it doesn't detect the link at all which is strange in itself because normally the link grabber function would catch a download link automatically.

...inst...RE-installed flashget. let's see...i'll use http://www.emuparadise.me/Sega_Genes...A,_Asia)/38078 to test this. voila, it gets the link and works fine. don't know why those other download managers don't work on the main site though. here you go, OP, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=flashget+download+manager 1st result and it works with main site download links here. (if it gives you an "https" at the beginning of the download link, remove the s manually then it'll work normally.)

Thanks
    EP Points

actually, it wasn't really specified in the OP since you guys have ISO downloads both in the forums and on the main site.
    I didn't say in the original post but the original poster. That's what we can gather after reading all his posts in the Wii section of the forums.