Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCSX2 1.4.0 Video Plugins problem!

Thanks

Default PCSX2 1.4.0 Video Plugins problem!

Hello EPForums.

I was using PCSX2 1.2.0 but I was facing an odd thing that occured which disconnects the Internet when I use Hardware settings.

Now I found out that there is a new version which is 1.4.0 and I am now using it.
    The Internet problem was fixed but still not sure maybe it was because the AC adapter was taken out and the laptop was running on battery.

Now, when I use any of DirectX Hardware Plugins either Direct3D9 or 11, I get these red lines in the game, with Forgotten Realm - Demon Stone, haven't tried another game..
    Is there special settings should be done throughout the emulator for those lines to go.

But when I use the OpenGL (Hardware), it is fine and I don't get those lines.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	49751

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	49752

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	200 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	49753

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by BlackCitadel; 5th-August-2016 at 14:57.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What is the skipdraw set to?

Set it to 1 and see if that helps, if not set it higher until it does.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

I don't understand what is going on!!
    Now I removed the AC again and reconnected it to make sure if it was because of the battery that causes this Internet disconnection. It did.
    Now the OpenGL thing is not running and it gives me black screen and the emulator crashes.

What is going on?

EDIT

Yes, it was because of the laptop running on battery.
    And does that have to do with disconnecting the internet and Wi-Fi problems? When playing PCSX2 while laptop is running on battery?
    Last edited by BlackCitadel; 5th-August-2016 at 15:20.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCitadel View Post
    I don't understand what is going on!!
    Now I removed the AC again and reconnected it to make sure if it was because of the battery that causes this Internet disconnection. It did.
    Now the OpenGL thing is not running and it gives me black screen and the emulator crashes.

What is going on?
    Wait a minute...............are you attempting to use PCSX2 on your laptop?

If so you are frying your hardware.

PCSX2 is not meant for integrated chipsets, check your temps and see just how high they are.
    Last edited by Warrior; 5th-August-2016 at 16:23.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Well, how can I check the temps?

But as long as it cools down it's OK, isn't it?

Moreover, running ePSXe was the same thing, I hear the Fan spins so fast.

Setting the skipdraw to 1 fixed it. Thanks.

However, what is the difference between OpenGL (Hardware) and Direct3D11 (Hardware). And why does using Hardware make the game faster than Software?

And again what would happen if I used PCSX2? Isn't it a good laptop to run PCSX2 and as long as it cools down so it will be OK?
    Last edited by BlackCitadel; 5th-August-2016 at 15:35.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, how can I check the temps?

But as long as it cools down it's OK, isn't it?

Moreover, running ePSXe was the same thing, I hear the Fan spins so fast.

Setting the skipdraw to 1 fixed it. Thanks.

However, what is the difference between OpenGL (Hardware) and Direct3D11 (Hardware). And why does using Hardware make the game faster than Software?

And again what would happen if I used PCSX2? Isn't it a good laptop to run PCSX2 and as long as it cools down so it will be OK?
    You will permanently damage your hardware so cooling down means nothing if the damage is already done, the PCSX2 team specifically states to not run PCSX2 on a LAPTOP/NOTEBOOK/etc. with integrated graphics as it will overheat and destroy your hardware.

PCSX2 is very demanding of the CPU and GPU, integrated graphics don't cut the mustard , not designed for gaming.

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

That should help you see your temps.
    Last edited by Warrior; 5th-August-2016 at 16:25.

Thanks

But it already has another GPU which is, nVIDIA GeForce GT 630M 2 GB

I took a screenshot now while running Demon Stone on Direct3D11 (Hardware).

Views:	96 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	49758

So, when does it overheat? when reaching 100%? or over that?

See, I get the same temps when running ePSXe... So does ePSXe overheats it as well?

Views:	156 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	49759
    Last edited by BlackCitadel; 5th-August-2016 at 16:04.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Should of gave your PC specs to avoid any speculation since most laptops have integrated chipsets and are not meant for anything but very low end games and emulators.

Your CPU seems? to be a tad high and GPU looks normal but you might wanna go look up the maximum temps to avoid any damage.

I suggest you restart the laptop or shutdown for a few minutes and let it settle then try again, http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Main_Page go there to get insight on a specific games issues in PCSX2 and how to fix them.

Skipdraw should fix those lines though.

Thanks

Look at this.

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	49761

Woow!
    But I also found this

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	49762

Looks like my DELL Laptop CPU, so mine max temp is 105%?
    Thanks Warrior for giving me an attention to look up that maximum temperature.

But hope they're not lying on that website.
    Last edited by BlackCitadel; 5th-August-2016 at 16:31.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Temperatures are very important, does your laptop have proper cooling/is it on a flat surface/has it been cleaned?

Laptops are not actually made to be used on your lap, that just clogs the vents and causes it to cook.

Your CPU temp is way too high and you way want to try to solve the issue ASAP to avoid any damage.

That hardware is not cheap.

Thanks

Damn, I am using my laptop on a wooden desk, but this DELL Model which is Inspiron 15z has the fan vents on the left side not at the bottom.
    But it is 2 years old now. I didn't do internal cleaning for the fan, I only tried a vacuum to push the dust. But I heard that Air Blower is better.

But it is OK not to try the pcsx2 emu let the CPU reach the max temp, isn't it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Damn, I am using my laptop on a wooden desk, but this DELL Model which is Inspiron 15z has the fan vents on the left side not at the bottom.
    But it is 2 years old now. I didn't do internal cleaning for the fan, I only tried a vacuum to push the dust. But I heard that Air Blower is better.

But it is OK not to try the pcsx2 emu let the CPU reach the max temp, isn't it?
    How many processes do you have running?

It sounds like you have it working on high load from having alot of stuff running in the background.

Open the task manager>processes>hit the CPU tab to make the intensive programs fill the top of the list.

You really don't want to use PCSX2 until you solve this.

My laptops chipset is usually under 50c and the max is 85c, yours is 105c http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-C...r.87766.0.html

You really don't want it close or halfway though.

Just use OpenHardwareMonitors gadget function to have it appear on the desktop showing your hardwares temps (right click in the GUI and select Show in Gadget) and compare temps as you use PCSX2 to see how toasty it gets.

Thanks

It's only about 56 processes running.
    And I am only running Firefox > Facebook while running PCSX2, so what could make it reach the half of the max temp??!!

Views:	114 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	49763

And what does Show on Gadget do by the way?

And see PCSX2 is taking 52% of the CPU?
    So is that OK?

Views:	98 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	49764
    Last edited by BlackCitadel; 5th-August-2016 at 18:51.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's only about 56 processes running.
    And I am only running Firefox > Facebook while running PCSX2, so what could make it reach the half of the max temp??!!
    Shutdown the computer and give it 10 minutes or so and turn it back on with just the bare necessities on and .check the temperature immediately.

And what does Show on Gadget do by the way?
    It shows the Selected readings in a littlecolor bubble on the desktop showing the temperature or whatever else you want it to show, it makes it easier to see than the OHM GUI.

And see PCSX2 is taking 52% of the CPU?
    So is that OK?
    Emulating the PS2 architecture is way more complected than everyone thinks, it requires a large amount of resources to function.

Another reason why you need to watch them temps, its best to do intensive emulation/gaming in a spacious well cooled desktop where there is constant airflow to remove the hot air or itil turn into a dutch oven.

Where would you rather be, jammed into a cramped can with a hand fan and thrown into a oven or a windtunnel?

Thanks

I am pretty sure there is no load on CPU. All the background processes are taking 0% and 0.1% and making a percentage of 6% and PCSX2 takes 52 %.
    So what makes the temperature goes over 70%?