Thread: chipped ps2 region doubt, can I play any region of backups on my chipped ps2?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default chipped ps2 region doubt, can I play any region of backups on my chipped ps2?

I live in Ecuador and since european games are multilanguage I want to burn european pal games that include spanish as lenguage.
    I tried some european ps1 games but this ntsc usa ps1 couldn't recognize them, I'm afraid to burn games for nothing if my ps2 won't read them/play them.

There is a thing like swap magic, if I use a backup of swap magic since my ps2 is chipped will still work to play european games? I watched a video where swap magic has an option of pal/ntsc output or something like that....

Or maybe a program to convert pal games to ntsc?
    Last edited by aspinia; 4th-August-2016 at 04:21.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Out of region games should work if you have Matrix Infinity or a clone. I don't think forcing the output to NTSC is a good idea with PAL games but maybe I'm wrong.
    Anyway you shouldn't have to force different output if you have a multi format tv (both NTSC and PAL capable) which pretty much all tvs here have been like for 10 years or so, this is the case for chipped PSX and PS2 consoles.

I don't know about PSX games on PS2 as I've always had PSX consoles.

Spoiler warning: