Thread: Acekard 2 & NDS Lite - 'Set file list type' confusion

Thanks

Default Acekard 2 & NDS Lite - 'Set file list type' confusion

Hi all,

I just pulled out my NDS Lite for the first time in many years. I have an Acekard 2 (version 2.1 according to the sticker on the cart), as well as an EZ Flash slot-2 device.
    I spent a lot of time configuring the AK's interface and directories to my satisfaction, back in the day.

The reason I pulled the DS out was to install and play Pokemon White v2 for the first time. After some initial trouble, I finally managed to get the game to run (by formatting the micro SD card with the Panasonic formatter), then installing the newest version of AKAIO (1.9.0).

Just out of curiosity, I went to check out how far I had progressed in Pokemon FireRed for GBA, but when I went to my GameBoy Advance rom folder, nothing appeared... Thinking maybe I hadn't re-copied everything back to the micro SD, I checked the directory on my computer, and all the GBA roms were present, along with their saves, and the bitmap icons I had made for each. So I inserted the micro SD back into the Acekard, started the DS again and started looking through the System Options. I found a "Show file type" setting, which has multiple options: NDS, NDS+SAV, NDS+SAV+BAK, and ALL. Realizing I likely needed to set it to ALL, I tried it, and voila, my GBA roms appeared. However, so did the .sav files, as well as the icon .bmp files, which is not ideal.

I'm 100% positive that once upon a time, I was able to view my GBA roms without the .sav and .bmp files being visible as well, but I can't for the life of me figure out how I did it.

Did something change in the new version of AKAIO? Is there a way I can make the GBA roms appear without the saves and icons showing up as well?

Thanks much.

Thanks

I've solved this problem, and oh boy, do I ever feel silly.

I loaded Metroid Prime - Pinball (a rumble pak compatible game) and checked the in-game options. The option to rumble was grayed out, which instantly led me to believe there was a contact issue with the EZ Flash 3-in-1 slot-2 device. So I took the EZ Flash out, gave it the traditional NES blow of air, reinserted the EZ Flash and ta-da!

Just to confirm this wasn't a fluke, I removed the EZ Flash, and checked my GBA ROM directory. Empty.
    Reinserted. All GBA ROMs present.

GBA ROMs are visible with "set file list type" set to NDS, provided there is a slot-2 device inserted.

x)