Thread: PS2 modded won't recognize cd

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PS2 modded won't recognize cd

I downloaded TAZ Wanted for the ps2 and i saw that it's only 300mb. I still downloaded but I burned it on a cd not dvd. Now i have a problem...my ps2 won't recognize the cd. It starts but then the screen with the memory cards come up and i can also see a cd there but when i select it the screen goes black and then it just returns to the memory card screen.
    Later I tried burning it to a dvd but the ps2 still won't recognize the game. I also tried a few other games but it's all the same.
    Does anyone know how i can get those games to work?
    I'm using a modded ps2 and modchip is called Toxic (if it helps somehow)

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Hmm...

Perhaps you burned a game to a disc it can't be played on. Seeing as how you took TAZ Wanted, a PS2 game, and burnt it to a CD, a type of disc that only PS1 games, and music, can be played on, I personally think this is your issue. Sony was trying to create a console that would be able to utilize both PS1 games (which, as I said before, used CDs), and PS2 games (which are just plain DVDs), which we all know as the PS2, and PS3. Well, some PS3 models, anyway.

So your problem might be that you didn't burn the game to the right disc. Realize that these games get tested on PS2 consoles before they're even released, so either you failed to properly mod your PS2, failed to burn the game to the correct disc (which I said before, DVD is the correct kind of disc for PS2 games), or, the ISO you had downloaded was stripped of it's functionality. Why I say this was because I downloaded an ISO from this very site (emuparadise.me, of course) of The Warriors for PS2. I try and load it into PCSX2, and it kept telling me it couldn't boot the game. I extract the contents of the ISO, only to see that it's most important files (the ones that are told by the PS2 to load whatever file launches the game into the PS2's RAM, or so I assume, anyway) were 0 KB.

Next time, use 7zip to extract the contents of the PS2 game you're trying to play to see if the game is playable. If some files show as a low number (the average number for the .IRX files should be (from what I can remember) at least 200 KB. If 200 is the correct number, and the number appears lower, the game is KAPOOT. Simple enough.

Also, maybe refrain from attempting to play a PS2 game on a CD. Try burning the game to a regular empty DVD. (I think it's called burning, anyway.)[/SIZE]

EDIT: Just read the comment again and saw you had already tried to play it on a DVD. So perhaps it's the way you put it on the disc that causes it to act wacko.
    Last edited by The Researcher; 5th-August-2016 at 02:00.
    SIG REMOVED - READ THE RULES

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Researcher View Post
    Perhaps you burned a game to a disc it can't be played on. Seeing as how you took TAZ Wanted, a PS2 game, and burnt it to a CD, a type of disc that only PS1 games, and music, can be played on, I personally think this is your issue. Sony was trying to create a console that would be able to utilize both PS1 games (which, as I said before, used CDs), and PS2 games (which are just plain DVDs), which we all know as the PS2, and PS3. Well, some PS3 models, anyway.

So your problem might be that you didn't burn the game to the right disc. Realize that these games get tested on PS2 consoles before they're even released, so either you failed to properly mod your PS2, failed to burn the game to the correct disc (which I said before, DVD is the correct kind of disc for PS2 games), or, the ISO you had downloaded was stripped of it's functionality. Why I say this was because I downloaded an ISO from this very site (emuparadise.me, of course) of The Warriors for PS2. I try and load it into PCSX2, and it kept telling me it couldn't boot the game. I extract the contents of the ISO, only to see that it's most important files (the ones that are told by the PS2 to load whatever file launches the game into the PS2's RAM, or so I assume, anyway) were 0 KB.

Next time, use 7zip to extract the contents of the PS2 game you're trying to play to see if the game is playable. If some files show as a low number (the average number for the .IRX files should be (from what I can remember) at least 200 KB. If 200 is the correct number, and the number appears lower, the game is KAPOOT. Simple enough.

Also, maybe refrain from attempting to play a PS2 game on a CD. Try burning the game to a regular empty DVD. (I think it's called burning, anyway.)[/SIZE]

EDIT: Just read the comment again and saw you had already tried to play it on a DVD. So perhaps it's the way you put it on the disc that causes it to act wacko.
    Not all PS2 games are DVD, some are CD based.
    Many PS2 CD type can be converted to DVD but some may not work or can prove difficult to get working.

Spoiler warning: