Thread: PS Vita hacked: full system access enabled for homebrew

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PS Vita hacked: full system access enabled for homebrew

Ever since its 2011 launch, PlayStation Vita's security has remained relatively intact. We've seen a bunch of PSP emulator exploits, and around a year ago, a native Vita exploit was released for an older firmware that required the unit tethered to a PC. Now, hacking collective Team Molecule has released a new exploit that fully unlocks the full power of the Vita hardware for homebrew developers.

Dubbed HENkaku, the exploit is preposterously simple to install. Just ensure that you are running the latest firmware 3.60, then visit a specially prepared website to activate the exploit. The injected code removes the Vita's file system from its sandbox and allows users to access it via FTP. From there, homebrew packages can be transferred across and run on the unit.
    Read the rest of the article here:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...on-vita-hacked

I'll absolutely not be updating mine, I'll leave it disconnected and unused. I might finally get some use out of that 64GB card with CFW on the damn thing.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inferno. For This Useful Post: