Thread: Trouble with a N64 Rom

Thanks

Question Trouble with a N64 Rom

Hello EP, recently, I have acquired the "Bomberman Hero (USA)" Rom from : http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_6...ro_(USA)/39628 and aside from a bit of lag in certain areas, the game has been running perfectly fine up until this one point in the game, where it just seems to crash, no matter what sequence of events lead up to it. Its about 3/4 through the game, on the Mazone Star planet, second area, first stage; Snowland where a few feet from your spawn point, there is a snowman enemy chucking snowballs at you; moving a few feet past the snowman will instantly crash the game (Does not matter whether you kill it or not) and I've been just baffled trying to figure this out. Now, the emulator I am currently using isn't a PC one, rather, its a Nintendo Wii emulator, named Wii64 Beta 1.1 "Honey" , found here : https://code.google.com/archive/p/mupen64gc/downloads
    I am also using the Homebrew channel, and made sure everything is configured correctly, the error screen I get when the game crashes is this: http://i.imgur.com/zZ4HSC4.jpg
    All other roms that I used worked fine (With the exception of Paper Mario (http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_6...o_(USA)/40078) where the screen just flickers and lags all the time).
    Help is greatly appreciated.
    Edit: I just tried a few more N64 roms to see if it was the emulator, and it might be it, as when I tried Bomberman 64, it gave a black screen, though the GUI was still there, and Bomberman 64: The second offense, the game crashed with the same error screen. Might there be any other good 64 Emulators, or a way to progress with my current one?
    Last edited by The 64th Gamer; 29th-July-2016 at 02:58. Reason: Adding notes

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Will move this thread to the correct location after my first shift if no one else has by then

Anyway both the issue games are officially emulated on the Wii anyway via the Wii Nintendo 64 Virtual Console

So all you need are the Wad files for those games and either install them to your Wii's Nand or to your USB HDD to a Virtual Nand, the latter is preferable as N64 games do take up a fair amount of Nand space that is limited on the Wii itself but as a virtual Nand you have as much space as you do via USB

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Will move this thread to the correct location after my first shift if no one else has by then

Anyway both the issue games are officially emulated on the Wii anyway via the Wii Nintendo 64 Virtual Console

So all you need are the Wad files for those games and either install them to your Wii's Nand or to your USB HDD to a Virtual Nand, the latter is preferable as N64 games do take up a fair amount of Nand space that is limited on the Wii itself but as a virtual Nand you have as much space as you do via USB
    Tyvm for the help, I'll try that.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The 64th Gamer View Post
    Tyvm for the help, I'll try that.
    No Problem

I moved the thread from Everything Emulation that is mostly for PC users though we do get the odd Mac user there also
    I placed it in Everything Console that is for Console user issues including running emulators on such systems

If you have problems finding those games let me know (not looked but should have those sat on one of my external HDD's anyway)

If you want to know more about Virtual Nand then take a look at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?83529

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post

I've looked up many videos for how to do this, however, I can't find any that work anymore, or have working download links. How might I install the Wad files to my Wii's Nand?

Edit: Oops, my bad, didn't see the link till just now, sorry about that lol.
    Last edited by The 64th Gamer; 29th-July-2016 at 17:28.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Any joy with this?

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]