Thread: NES relaunched!

Thanks
    EP Points

Thumbs up NES relaunched!

Just seen this on the web today, Nintendo relaunching the NES, Limited though it is,

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/14/...ic-mini-games/

It would be nice to have but I do already have my original existing one. Don't have any games for it mind you.
    What I have owned to date.

Sinclair ZX spectrum, Atari 2600, Commodore 64, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Sega Master system, NES, SNES, Sega Mega drive, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Playstation 3

What I am emulating,

KEGA, MAME, Nestopia, Mupen ++, PJ64, 1964, NullDC, DEMUL, ePSXe, PCSX2, DeSmuMe.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's a Mini NES with no cart slot just comes with 30 games built in to the system (though still has the retro NES look, just has a fake cart slot cover)

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. A couple of good ones in there and I presume it comes with horrible NES pads (Not that I liked Sega pads of that time either just as horrible )

I for one will not bother, emulation has done a great job for many systems now including other consoles and even phones if you felt the need

Actually I'm surprised it took them so long Sega got in officially but unofficially there has been a number of multi NES games players over the years though I admit not all the games worked as they should of and tended to include some hacks also.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-July-2016 at 11:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I hear what you say re: emulation, I emulate the NES on my PC.

I am thinking more along the line of letting my youngest have it hooked up in bedroom as my PC is off limits unless it is being monitored and controlled by me.

That's said, it would need to be a very keen price tag in order to warrant a purchase.
    What I have owned to date.

Sinclair ZX spectrum, Atari 2600, Commodore 64, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Sega Master system, NES, SNES, Sega Mega drive, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Playstation 3

What I am emulating,

KEGA, MAME, Nestopia, Mupen ++, PJ64, 1964, NullDC, DEMUL, ePSXe, PCSX2, DeSmuMe.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I ment emulation on other consoles rather than of, a bit of a typo, even an android box could handle NES emulation I'm sure... (USB or wireless pad for the Android box)

But owning a mini NES is still kinda cool, it looks like the original system albeit smaller and controls with the original pads (yes I don't like them but I'm not everyone)

The games included are still cool and I hope it has some sort of save feature for the few games that originally could save like Zelda and Final Fantasy

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I presume it comes with horrible NES pads
    The system comes with same controller port you find on the bottom of Wiimotes. Its been mentioned that it'll work with the Wii Classic Controller, but those things have pathetically short cords.

I think this raises the more interesting possibility of using an actual NES controller on a Wii playing NES games. That'll probably be cheaper and has access to more than the 30 games preloaded on this piece of crap rom machine.

But owning a mini NES is still kinda cool
    It'd look good enough just as a display piece IMO.
    Last edited by Ragnar; 15th-July-2016 at 14:21.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

I ment emulation on other consoles rather than of, a bit of a typo, even an android box could handle NES emulation I'm sure... (USB or wireless pad for the Android box)

But owning a mini NES is still kinda cool, it looks like the original system albeit smaller and controls with the original pads (yes I don't like them but I'm not everyone)

The games included are still cool and I hope it has some sort of save feature for the few games that originally could save like Zelda and Final Fantasy
    Apparently they've implemented a kind of "savestate" feature in the system for all the games. Sounds like it saves at specific points in a game though.

I think it's kinda neat. Although limited there seem to be a lot main stream classics in there. If it came with 2 controllers instead of one and only cost like 20 bucks I'd go for it but as you said, may as well just emulate in some fashion which knowing Nintendo is probably one of the reasons they're doing it in the first place
    Last edited by Zaladane; 15th-July-2016 at 18:24.

Thanks
    EP Points

Nice.

Someone's gonna have to try seeing if it's possible to write new NES games into the mini NES. It's nice seeing that Nintendo cares about their past.
    SIG REMOVED - READ THE RULES

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    The system comes with same controller port you find on the bottom of Wiimotes. Its been mentioned that it'll work with the Wii Classic Controller, but those things have pathetically short cords.

I think this raises the more interesting possibility of using an actual NES controller on a Wii playing NES games. That'll probably be cheaper and has access to more than the 30 games preloaded on this piece of crap rom machine.

It'd look good enough just as a display piece IMO.
    Real nes pads on a Wii!? I like the sounds of that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Researcher View Post
    Nice.

Someone's gonna have to try seeing if it's possible to write new NES games into the mini NES. It's nice seeing that Nintendo cares about their past.
    If someone wanted to buy me one, I would be working on exactly his. Unfortunately I don't have 60 bucks to drop right now.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points