Thread: MAME ROM Sets and Updates

Thanks

Default MAME ROM Sets and Updates

Noobie question here...

I've downloaed the MAME 0.161 Complete ROM set and all of the updates up to MAME 0.174 to 0.175 Update Pack. Do I just unzip the ROM Pack and the updates and copy them to the ROM directory and replace any duplicates to update the set to 0.175?

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

i was in the same situation recently, had an ancient 0.138 set and decided to freshen it up. not sure it's the right way, but did as you, downloaded 0.161 set + all updates(to 0.175). wasn't sure how to go about the updating, but my friend google pointed me to 'CLRMAMEPRO' and this quick guide. i just followed the guide and updated the 161 set to 162. now my set is 162, so next i use the 162 to 163 update. rinse and repeat.

im no pro, so just save a clean copy of everything in case of issues.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jojomann For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I found another discussion about this utility and I updated everything just as you did and it all looks good. I have some additional updates to the other stuff but it was pretty easy.

Thanks

If games are still not working with your 175 romset...mine didn't and I just did the same thing last weekend....you can also run EMULoader, filter by Missing ROMs, right-click the game in the list and click Game Details. It'll show you any BIOS or specific rom files in the ZIP that are missing.

Google those and get a set that has them. You can try that set or unzip both and merge for one big set w/ all the files to make a new "game.zip" file. Then right-click and rescan the file in EMULoader...or just try to run the game. All should be good.

I was surprised by how many games I fixed by downloading all of the namco BIOS files for example. I didn't even know they existed. lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WishItWas1984 View Post
    If games are still not working with your 175 romset...mine didn't and I just did the same thing last weekend....you can also run EMULoader, filter by Missing ROMs, right-click the game in the list and click Game Details. It'll show you any BIOS or specific rom files in the ZIP that are missing.

Google those and get a set that has them. You can try that set or unzip both and merge for one big set w/ all the files to make a new "game.zip" file. Then right-click and rescan the file in EMULoader...or just try to run the game. All should be good.

I was surprised by how many games I fixed by downloading all of the namco BIOS files for example. I didn't even know they existed. lol

Good stuff!

Out of curiosity how many gigs or TB is the full 175 set up to?!?

Sent from m-o-b-i-l-e

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
    Good stuff!

Out of curiosity how many gigs or TB is the full 175 set up to?!?

Sent from m-o-b-i-l-e
    I deleted them after curating out the 200 favorites I wanted for my machine, so I can't say exactly. I do know the 161 full romset is 51.2GB.