Thread: DSI Hacks?

Thanks

Question DSI Hacks?

Hello!

This my first post/thread so if I did something wrong here please let me know. Anyway, to DSI Hacks. The DSI hasn't really had a public/user friendly interface and really hard to accomplish because Nintendo WILL be shutting down the DSI shop in late 2017. AND Nintendo took down EA's Sudoku due to the HUGE outbreak of an exploit known as SudokuHAX involving a hacked save game file, an SD Card and SudokoHAX files. Exploit shown here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2W8RNvamhI

But if someone were to have already downloaded EA's Sudoku before Nintendo took it off the DSI Shop can look at the files on their SD Card from their computer. If they do so happen to have SudokuHAX, there will (Probably) be a .nds file named "boot.nds". Then I had an idea. You possibly get a normal .nds ROM and rename it "boot.nds" and stick it on your SD Card replacing SudokuHAX's "boot.nds". Once attempting SudokuHAX it might run the "boot.nds" file. What would be even more interesting would if someone had an R4 Card ROM (If they exist) and stuck some files on the ROM and renamed the ROM to "boot.nds" They could probably have an R4 Card running on their DSI with emulators and games. Same would happen with an Action Replay! Find an Action Replay ROM (If they have one.), Rename it to "boot.nds", Put in on the SD Card and launch SudokuHAX. Boom! Action Replay.

Hey,That's just a thought

If someone could politely attempt this,

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

DS store games are encrypted to the system/account and there have been a few DSware games exploited

They are not stored in basic nds format either

As far as I know DS ware encryption was never cracked (not for DSI anyway)

R4 kit rom dumps exist but are not usable as they also use a micro SD card with kernel files and nds dumps on them

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR