Thread: Nintendo SNES Pal trouble

Thanks

Default Nintendo SNES Pal trouble

Hi guys,

I have some weird problem with my Pal version of snes. I own few cartridges and some time ago i bought Super Mario World, which has some very strange issue. I tested it on my friend's consol and it worked just fine. Battery isnt's dead and i can play levels on my consol. Just the overworld map had this problem with disappearing Mario. Because of that i can't move and choose other levels. Other games like Donkey Kong works without any problems. I tried to play this game through Super Everdrive but it had the same problem. Also few games wont work at all while using Everdrive. I had black screen in Lion King or Harvest Moon but just with them. It all works fine on other snes. I cleaned connector on my consol but it didn't help. Can someone help me with that?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I must be an issue with your actual console and the only advice I would of given would of been to clean the connections but as you have already done this, so I'm not sure what other issues could be there.

I can't see it being the cart at fault if you get the issues from an Everdrive that should play that game flawless

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

it's obviously a console/hardware fault, one you may have to get you hands dirty on.
    it's very possible some chip (or pcb part) is on it's way out?
    dreamcasts go funny when the video chip is damaged. (glitch graphics)
    found a basic disassembly and cleaning video: Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. if you can get a cartridge teeth contact cleaning kit, will help.
    the socket will need cleaning also.
    check all circuits for continuity, including contacts on all side.
    all the best. (some guys at retrocollect know their stuff)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-July-2016 at 07:47. Reason: Language edit AGAIN