Thread: graphics help neded on softmodded xbox

Thanks

Default graphics help neded on softmodded xbox

Okay.

New to all of this.

I recently had my xbox softmodded and a whole ton of emulators and games added.

I'm trying to fix the PS1 emulator graphics as there very poor considering im using an xbox to run them.

Its epsxe i think version 1.5 there is all different plug in options but i don't recognize any of them. I used to have petes open ones on PC.

Any tips??

Also my xbox is able to play copied games so am i right in assuming if i download the xbox iso's on this site to blank dvd disc it will run like a normal game on my xbox?

please help
    paul

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. trail and error mostly.
    i assume you've set up all SAFE possible video output modes at the da$h? (leave 1080 interlaced unmarked. still unstable unless console is hardware upgraded at the memory/cpu level....a 'TRUSTY' box)
    two queries in one?
    for xbox games, YES...IF the image is an xiso. (still iso by name)
    otherwise, you have to recreate xiso disk images to write to backup disks.
    goto the above link, and ask there, much better clarity of help, and the place practically specializes in xbox, despite the site name eluding otherwise.
    qualified help, or bust.
    also, ask at the dev house of where the emu was created, the source of the item is likely to offer better assistance.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Graphics options are limited

1080i is fine for most things as it happens without adding extra ram especially for actual Xbox games that support it and does no harm in having that enabled as homebrew gives you options to set 1080i and 720p ect ect providing you have a component cable or VGA mod for some mod chips

FTP I will get to after work..

FTP basics

Best connection cable method would be a crossover cable, but other options are standard cat5 from Xbox to router and cat5 router to PC, then there is cat5 from xbox to router and wifi to PC but that will slow things down by alot

Best software would be PC side
    Filezilla for files and Qwix for xiso's (xbox iso's it can also make xbox standard iso's)
    Xbox side, Avalaunch installed as an app to take advantage of the speed boost qwix offers

Connecting to FTP is alot easier than most guides offer

PC and Xbox you need to look at IP settings (IPv4 PC side also make sure it's the lan settings you change not the Wireless ones)

PC and Xbox need the same default gateway address e.g. 192.168.0.1 the main IP address for PC and Xbox must be different to each other and different to the Gateway

FTP software will want the IP address of the Xbox and the user name and password, both are xbox by default

I can go into more detail if needs be, but would be handy to know your PC OS and Xbox dash used
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-July-2016 at 15:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

^^ i beg to differ.
    true, the retail side of things it won't effect, as there's NO games (i know of) produced commercially that output at 1080i, just 480p...possibly fewer 720p's.
    homebrew is where it counts, and if the program DOESN'T account for hw defaults, the image will chunk, the console slow down.
    xbmc with loads of icons is an example.
    to get the best of any homebrew on the xbox, it MUST be hardware upgraded. (128m ram + 1.4ghz cpu)
    there's plenty to choose from, but nowhere near as full-featured as the upgraded box selections. (madmab emus account for some of these HW upgrades.)
    for retail gameplay, null and void, just standard display modes take priority.
    for homabrew, UTTERLY DEPENDANT on the program if you get the best.
    limited for default boxes, unlimited for upgraded boxes.

Thanks

thanks everybody.

i didnt mod the xbox myself just bought it. Ive been playing round with the settings but cant find one i like yet. is there a way of adding petes open settings?

i had epsxe on a cheap laptop so i assumed a xbox would have more powerful graphics to run a ps1 emulator.

everything else on the xbox seems fine, im just learning how to use everything and how to ftp via youtube vids as i want more ps1 games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation

it's all good, just take your time, and all will be well.
    (computer versions of emus are better by default, have greater hw resources to work with, same above does apply, program has to account for/cater to it.)
    keep these SPPV GREPO links handy, they have useful stuffs, and DON'T FORGET TO BACK UP YOUR CONSOLE EEPROM AND RETRIEVE IT VIA FTP...and create a recovery/xbhdm hdd replacement disk with it. (if you already have done this, ignore. ) Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. for the subject, carry on.
    for anything else, peruse at own leisure, and ask for assistance accordingly.