Thread: Help with FTP

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Help with FTP

I'm trying to downliad a file with ftp instead of http because of reasons like my browser (outdated, can't get better) and doesn't download anything and even my download manager app has a problem like: Invalid URL. However, I will leave this part because we don't need it here so the problem goes: I tried to log-in to the ftp server and it's asking for username/password and I googled but nothing I can find. Do I have my own password, or do I need to fill in a default password from emuparadise?

Thanks in advance guys

I love this site

Thanks
    EP Points

the fact a sever exists is infuriating enough. (and it's FTP on the up, some made that abundantly clear, only for elites.)
    NO!
    you won't get anywhere, otherwise everybody would be whoring the bandwidth.
    i've set up a private FTP server, READ ONLY ACCESS to the outside world, still requires user credentials for each access/account.
    you'll need a password/FTP account, admin may help (don't hold your breath) but if DL fails, try one pf those unstable DL managers that's pushed on these boards, browser addons/ plugins.
    i'm not using any, just normal browser routines.
    another browser could work?
    all the best.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amiga1200 For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No password is needed to download via FTP or HTTP, but you can't just browse the server content via an FTP prog, its not setup like that unless you have a user name & password to gain full access.

Maybe a better Download Manager may be needed though, FreeDownloadManager, you also need to make sure it is the actual download link not just a forward link to the download page, from the main site

P.S. the only one that uploads is the server owner, no members upload to it not even myself, I am sure he done this though because of past issues with hack attempts and viral uploads, so it's more to protect the site than to make things awkward. Speed limits are to protect the bandwidth so every user gets a good chance to get whatever file we host.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-July-2016 at 08:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for your time Zorlon. I remember you from another thread long ago, you are always somewere helping others