Thread: mame games

Thanks

Default mame games

Alot of the mame games i download they load and go back to the wii main screen.ive tried several different versions of the same game
    and the same result is allways it loads and goes back to the wii main screen. I hope ive given enough information to get some help
    if not let me know and ill ad what ever is needed

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You need to have a rom set that matches the version of MAME used

MAME roms change as the program is updated, mostly because the roms are re-dumped over time

a lot of games are still unplayable though due to MAME only having preliminary drivers and for the Wii lack of hardware specs

There are a few ways to go about checking the roms but all involve using a PC to do the checks

clrmamepro a rom auditing tool can be used to check/build/repair rom sets when used with the official Windows MAME binary
    Windows GUI ports of MAME can be used to individually audit games and check all the required files are there for each game and you can test playability for said games

Obviously you will want the same version of MAME that the Wii Port is based on

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR