Thread: Resident Evil 2 Memory Card Problems - ePSXe

Thanks

Default Resident Evil 2 Memory Card Problems - ePSXe

Hi all, I dug a bit around the forums for this and didn't find anything, and can't seem to get a straight answer from Google, but has anyone had trouble with ePSXe not recognizing a Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock ver. save file? I got the game here, and it's split into track one and track two for each character (I'm assuming it's A and B), so four separate files, and so I started up and played Claire track one a bit, saved, and now it doesn't recognize that there's any save file.

The closest I found to an answer is that each game creates its own memory card, and that that's caused trouble for some on RE2, but I can't find any place to change that setting in ePSXe (version 1.6.0), and that aside, I loaded the same Claire track one when I tried to load the save file. If anyone has run into the same trouble and has a fix, please let me know! I didn't play terribly far (just the second typewriter in the police station), so I don't mind starting again, but don't want it to happen again either. Also, I am 100% sure I finished saving it before I exited, as I reflexively dropped my ink ribbons back into the item box before quitting ePSXe, even though they'd still be in my inventory when I loaded the game up again.

Thanks for any help you can provide, and if a thread did already exist for this, my apologies for posting another!

Thanks

Did you happen to use savestates at all? 'Cause that can cause issues with losing data on the virtual memory cards.

Thanks

No, I haven't. I learned that lesson when REmake had a puzzle I couldn't solve because I'd used save states, so I try not to use them now. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmm not had this issue at all and ePSXe does not create separate memcards at all so found that note a bit odd

I was going to ask what the region was of the save and make sure the disc image and the save are from the same region, but little point to that as you created the save yourself with the version you have lost the save with

If you like though zip and attach the mem card images and I can tell you if there is a Resi Evil 2 save located on it at all

P.S. there is an upcoming HD version of Resi 2 in the making anyway, that I will be buying myself once released

P.P.S. the best version of Resi 2 is the GameCube version to date, a few visual bugs fixed and more of the bonus games in tact, I know the N64 version has the extra docs and PC version has concept art unlockable and the Dreamcast version has the VM thing going

Resi 2 has 2 CD's 1 for Leon both games A and B and a disc for Clair both games A and B, both discs should see the saves though one disc can only load Clair saves and the other can only load Leon saves, if you load the wrong save it will prompt for the other disc

Track 1 is data Track 2 is an Audio track

Myself I would convert those to a single bin+cue with ISObuster

Multi bin files plus cue file to a single bin file plus cue file
    Just for those games with CDDA tracks

NOTE:- you may skip this totally if your game did not have ape files

download and install ISObuster
    Run ISO buster
    Hit File then Open Image File
    Select the cue file (or ccd file)
    This should now show a list of tracks on the left
    Hit File then CD then Extract CD <Image> then RAW (*.bin *.iso)
    Change the Save Type from *.iso to *.bin
    In the File Name: text box, rename the output file (do not forget to change .iso to .bin on the end of it)
    Change the destination folder if you like then hit Save
    After this has completed you will then be asked to save a cue file, just hit Save
    P.S. Load via the cue file always especially for games with more than a single track otherwise you are not loading all the tracks the game uses
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-June-2016 at 11:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

That was super informative! I'm going to be getting the remake too, just wanted to play through this one again while I waited for it. I'll give the GameCube one a shot. Thanks for the thorough response!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk