Thread: Newbie question involving plugins

Thanks

Default Newbie question involving plugins

Hey I'm new to using emulators and stuff, and I'm trying to play Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage on a PSX emulator I downloaded. The game itself plays fine, but the cutscenes lose sound after a few seconds and it really sucks. :( The first Spyro game played just fine...

Well I read a couple other things where people were saying to use this one plugin to make it work.

My question is... How to I add a plugin? ^^U I downloaded one but I don't know what to do with it now! I was hoping there'd just be like, a plugins folder to throw them into, but there isn't one. Can somebody please help?

Windows 10 laptop
    pSX v1.13

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

When checking the readme for the pSX emulator, it does state :
    One thing that should be noted is that pSX DOES NOT use plugins.
    The emulator is completely self contained.
    There is no mention anywhere else that this particular program supports plugins either, so chances are that unless you switch over to another emulator, you won't be able to use plugins.

Thanks

Oh ^^U Okay... So do you know what emulator I should download that would work with plugins?
    I'm sorry for being so uninformed about this stuff...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune-no-Suzu View Post
    Oh ^^U Okay... So do you know what emulator I should download that would work with plugins?
    I'm sorry for being so uninformed about this stuff...
    It has been literally ages since i last tried emulating PSX iso's.
    Back when i did though, ePSXe was the go to program, and if i'm not mistaken it supports plugins just fine, though you'll want to see how the game runs on that emulator with the standard plugins of course.

Website for the emulator is http://www.epsxe.com/download.php
    you should be able to find the bios files you need to emulate PSX files on emuparadise. (i assume you allready have them for your current emulator as well.)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xosmi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Aah thank you so much for your quick and helpful replies! ^w^ I downloaded ePSXe and added the plugin and now Spyro 2 works perfectly! <3