Thread: Emulating PSP games on a PS Vita.

Thanks

Default Emulating PSP games on a PS Vita.

Hello,

I just ordered a PS Vita and it will be here in the next few days. I have a couple games I plan on purchasing for the vita such as the Sly Cooper trilogy and Persona 4. There are other games that I want to download (PSP games) and play but do not want to purchase again. Is there a way to download a PSP ISO off this site and play it on my PS Vita that I will receive in a few days?

I have heard that I would need to download custom software or something like that. I do not understand how to do all the custom firmware stuff, I am very new to this whole idea of custom firmware and emulating games. So please tell me if it is possible and explain the steps like you are talking to a 5 year old!

Thanks for the help!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For that to work you do need to be on a firmware version that is hackable.

I must admit I have not looked in a long time now so unless they have more up to date methods you are going to be out of luck.

P.S. if you are in luck though, there is little point in buying Vita games if you can find those for downloading

I did not buy much for my Vita but it's not hacked and get plenty for free via PSN's PS+ though the good games seem to have stopped via that now

You would want the PSN versions of PSP games as well, though there may be a tool to convert an ISO into PSN like there is for PSX games, just not looked into that either
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-June-2016 at 08:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Any idea what version is hackable? If the Vita is updated is there a way to downgrade the firmware?

When you say there is little point in buying vita games if I can hack them is that because I can download Vita ISO's as well?

I do not understand what you mean by this, "You would want the PSN versions of PSP games as well, though there may be a tool to convert an ISO into PSN like there is for PSX games, just not looked into that either"

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not looked for ages so don't know, you are best off doing a google round there are possibly new ways to mod the console now anyway just google Vita softmod and see what comes up

Officially no you can't downgrade, if there is a homebrew way to downgrade you would need to do that via a softmod anyway

Sony has an online store it is called PSN (PlayStation Network), those that subscribe to Playstation Plus aka PS+ get free software every month

I can't see any hacked consoles being able to connect to PSN though anyway, just blacklisted.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-June-2016 at 14:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Firmware version 3.55 and below, to run psp games (emulators don't work well or homebrews) ................. Version 3.18 to 3.20 to run psp games and PS-X, which is a PS1 emulator that can play games at full speed. You will need a PS3 to hack your VITA OR VITA TV, because you need to activate your VITA without updating its firmware. There are many guides that work, just use google, I made a guide before for 3.55, you did not need a PS3, but now you unfortunately do. (you can install both TN-V for psp games and ARK, ARK installs a few useful programs like FTP, I think. Once you have FTP installed on your VITA, then you can use your PC directly to transfer games to your PSP).
    Last edited by psalmsamuel; 13th-June-2016 at 18:17.
    PS2 Tool Kit
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.