Thread: Please help your my only hope (PSP issue)

Thanks

Default Please help your my only hope (PSP issue)

Hey this is my first time on this forum so I hope this is the right thread

Ok so I'm having issues with my psp installing the 6.60 OFW so I can install 6.60 propsp and get some of those sweet ROMS.
    Here's the issue I've download the 6.60 OFW file onto my memory card. I've put it into (PSP/GAME/UPDATE) folder and it shows up on my psp main menu screen under games. The problem is when I try to install the update it will only load the psp logo screen then shut itself off before it gets to the the actual installation. I've left it alone to see if its been going into standby mode, but it never resumes the updating process. After it turns its self off I can turn the psp back on no problems, but it'll still be running on the 6.10 firmware. I've also tried all the classics, rebooting, taking the battery out then putting it back in, and reformatting. I've also tried different memory cards with the update folder and trying different host sites for the download itself. The psp also has no custom firmware on it, so that shouldnt be affecting it. If anyone has had this problem before and knows how to fix it, or if you have any helpful hints I'd really appreciate it! I've spent a lot of time playing my favorite GBA games on my old psp (before it broke) and I really want to be able to play those games again

Thanks
    EP Points

You may have to downgrade to a lower firmware first. I know the 6x firmware is stubborn, especially if you install the firmware as "permanent" versus "semi-permanent" (which requires you to do a hard reset to enable the plugin or something). Try to downgrade to a 5x firmware then try 6.60 firmware. ................ 6.60 may not install if you have a lot of bad blocks in your Nand Memory in the psp, which results from crashes or bad firmware installs etc. ................... If things don't work out, just keep in mind that only a hand full of games require 6.60, I can't think of any that do. 6.60 came out when games were not being made for the system for some period of time...........best of luck.
    PS2 Tool Kit
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

6.60 has been around for like 5 years? and I can think of 2 games released in the last 1-2 years that would need it: The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Second Chapter and Brandish The Dark Revenant.
    There are probably more than that though.

Anything older than 6.60 CFW would require patched games and that isn't going to work for every title that exists.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Thanks for the replies! the reason I want the psp to run on version 6.60 is so I can download the 6.60 custom firmware, which is supposed to be the most stable for version for the gameboy advance emulator. It's also the same version my old psp was on which had all my old save games. I'm also a bit hesitant to downgrade the psp incase it bricks it or does something funky to it. So if anyone knows a safer way to get that 6.60 version on im all ears