Thread: PSP emulation blackscreen Ratchet and Clank

Thanks

Default PSP emulation blackscreen Ratchet and Clank

Greetings,

Today i felt like playing Ratchet and Clank again, so I downloaded the "Size Matters" file for PSP emulation to Windows and the "Secret Agent Clank" file aswell.
    My emulator is the PPSSPP version [0.7.6]. I put the files in the folder of the emulator and started them using the emulator. When i start one of those 2 games I just get a black screen. I can activate the FPS number and other graphic settings on the screen and so on, so it's not crashing as i believe.
    Whats the problem and how can I fix it ? Pls help me fast

Jirak

PS: Thats my first post here

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Older versions of PPSSPP require http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=40784 to be able to run correctly

Newer versions as of version 1.0.0 do not need that requirement

We are up to version 1.2.2 though now with even newer updates further down the official sites download section under Automated PPSSPP builds

The official site is http://www.ppsspp.org/

Those games did start off as unplayable only booting to a black screen but later versions made it fully playable so my advice is update the emulator a lot, your current version is not even stored at the official site any more it is that out of date and those games did not start working until apx 29 June 2013 around the version 0.8.0 mark that is after the release of your version that was the 23 April 2013 for 0.7.6
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-June-2016 at 17:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Ok thats weird because i downloaded it from the official site ! another possible emulator was Jpcsp [r1772] .. where can i get the newest PPSSPP ?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

from the official site linked in the post above

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Oh man, thanks alot !!! Im so glad i can start and play now but i got another problem .. clank is fast as hell, he's running like sonic :O

EDIT: Thats just with Secret Agent Clank, Size matters works fine

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ah I don't have this emulator but look at the Game Settings and look for Frame skipping and see if you are able to lower that to 0 or to a point that it runs at the correct speed

Also check Settings in the gui that shows on boot and see if anything to do with the system has been changed to alter FPS or clock speeds to something higher than it should be

Maybe I should check this emu out now myself, I did not really bother as I own a PSP anyway but this has some nice features now compared to what it did have

Retroarch is also worth looking at that includes a PSP core as well as a ton of other systems
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-June-2016 at 17:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

If you could do this and tell me how to enable camera up and down id rly appreachiate it ! im only able to move my camera left and right, and i can't find any settings for it :c

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No thanks I don't have that kind of time on my hands sorry

I ment I will have to get it sometime as in not now, but maybe someone that does emulate via ppsspp will be able to help or look on the official forum for ppsspp

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Haha oke it was just an idea ty anyhow i#ll look around for the settings !