Thread: Weird graphical issue with Dog's Life (Ps2)

Thanks

Default Weird graphical issue with Dog's Life (Ps2)

I downloaded this game last night (keep in mind i'm actually really new to this) and noticed upon launching it there were like 4 or 5 red vertical lines coming down the screen, upon getting in the game the streaks turned to like a blue-ish color resembling sorta when your screen sort of messes up because a plugin is loose? Not sure how to explain it, it was just incredibly odd, and the dog slowly started turning entirely black o.O?

I'm using pcsx2 ~

Already uninstalled the iso file as well!

Is it just the file.. or? Really confused but was hoping to play the game, a childhood favorite~
    Last edited by CynicalSensations; 5th-June-2016 at 20:33. Reason: fixing mistakes

Thanks
    EP Points

Do not click the "Mount" button. That's step 1.

Step 2 is to look up recommended settings for your-end computers (High-end or low-end), and copy those settings.

If these aren't the cases, it's probably the emulator itself. Launch Dog's Life in the emulator again and press F9. I can't help you any further. This is all I know right now.
    SIG REMOVED - READ THE RULES

Thanks

Does this occur for anyone else whilst running Dog's life (via pcsx2)?

Mount...? I've never seen or heard of that, honestly..

I have 5 other ISO files that run perfectly fine (no lag or anything) and my PC specs are fairly high; however I will try this again and see how it goes!

(specs: http://puu.sh/pio54/7d86788672.png)
    Last edited by CynicalSensations; 6th-June-2016 at 03:26. Reason: fixing

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalSensations View Post
    Does this occur for anyone else whilst running Dog's life (via pcsx2)?

Mount...? I've never seen or heard of that, honestly..

I have 5 other ISO files that run perfectly fine (no lag or anything) and my PC specs are fairly high; however I will try this again and see how it goes!

(specs: http://puu.sh/pio54/7d86788672.png)
    I don't actually know if anyone else has graphical oddities with Dog's Life, so I can't answer that question.

Mount appears when you right click any ISO file. Don't click it. It's dangerous.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You would only have a mount option on a right click of an ISO if you have a virtual drive installed and mounting disc images is not dangerous or anything, but having a disc image mounted then trying to open the disc image with another software package will not work while the disc image is still mounted onto the virtual drive

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Dog's_Life outlines some config options based on the hardware used to test

Seems the US version is broken though in pcsx2 so go for the PAL (E) release of the game instead, though the game is still bugged in places as described on the Wiki
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-June-2016 at 08:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I just found a video of Dog's Life being played on PCSX2... with graphical glitches. Is this what you're seeing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgJqRb-tn0E

Thanks

The dog doesn't change colors like that, but he does slowly turn fully black, as if he's being painted - as for those graphical errors around the ground, it's not on the ground, but on the screen display, 4 red streaks!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalSensations View Post
    The dog doesn't change colors like that, but he does slowly turn fully black, as if he's being painted - as for those graphical errors around the ground, it's not on the ground, but on the screen display, 4 red streaks!
    What do you mean by streaks? As in lines?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can post a screen grab from pcsx2 if you want to show the issue, saves getting Q'd on that

I would like to know what version of the game you are trying to play though as in the region of it, the European version or the USA version

P.S. this game may be listed as fully playable but it does have graphical issues that are yet to be resolved yet, just not what you are currently describing, hence the version you are playing Q

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR