Thread: PSX game not loading saved progress [Raspberry pi 3]

Thanks

Default PSX game not loading saved progress [Raspberry pi 3]

I just recently turned my Raspberry pi 3 into a retro gaming system using the Retropie software with Raspian. So far all the emulators that I've been playing games on, N64, NES, SNES, and PS1, have been working fine. My issue comes with the PS1 emulator playing Legend of Dragoon. The game runs fine but the issue is when I try to save the game.

When I'm in the save zones I go into the main menu and select save, and watch as one of the 15 slots is written with my current progress, but when I go back in to save again I don't see the saved data or any data. When I close the game and try to reload a saved game it states again that there is no saved games. I checked the psx roms folder and I can see that a .srm file was created for the game (which from other ps1 games I know that this file is the saved data). Any ideas of why this particular game isn't seeing the saved games? is there something that i need to edit or add?

I believe the ps1 emulator that comes with Retropie is the lr-pcsx-rearmed.

Things that I've tried.

1. Play a different ps1 game and verify that the game saves.
    -This worked. I started Crash Bandicoot and successfully saved and re-opened the saved game. The saved data was in a .srm file.

2. Download a different type of rom for the game.
    -I've tried an .iso and .bin rom sets. Both make the .srm file but won't read it.

3. Setting up the autosave interval to =5
    -still nothing

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

srm files are save states as far as I know, not memcards though not 100% sure as srm's are not usually associated with PSX emulation at all

I would simply try another PSX emulator port or even try Retroarch that can be used on a Retropie via lakka though no idea how that works as I do not have a Retropie
    http://www.lakka.tv/get/linux/
    http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/

Maybe look for a way to load save states as I have a strong feeling that is exactly what the srm files are, hence what 3 does maybe, as a memcard could not save in intervals like that only a save state could be set to something like that
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-June-2016 at 20:25.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR