Thread: can i have some antivirus sugestions?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default can i have some antivirus sugestions?

I currently am running windows 10 on my laptop and i have advance systemcare 9 on it, but i am wondering, if there is anything that is better?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    I currently am running windows 10 on my laptop and i have advance systemcare 9 on it, but i am wondering, if there is anything that is better?
    Ya, Linux.

Joking aside you are better off with whatever microsoft provides with all the telemetry off , peerblock and some good ol fashion common sense.

3rd party anti virus/malware suites typically eat your resources like pacman eats balls as well as conflict with other programs .
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 Times in 104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ehm...
    are you asking for free versions?
    if so try Avira
    if u dont care about licence, then i would urge u to get Eset nod Antivirus. (not other versions of eset, just antivirus.)

Also i would suggest getting either free version or paid version of malwarebytes free version doesnt have constant monitoring , but rather check system when u want, which is just what you need.

@Warrior, no disrespect or anything. But all that "common sense" is really not in place.
    I am PC user for 20 years and i learned that there is no such thing as "watch what u are doing , think and u wont need antivirus"
    Yes that is shit load of help, but that is for professionals and even they are smart enough to have some kind of protection as backup in place, i know i do.

Besides, today's antivirus's are smart enough to perform heuristic scans only when pc is on idle and not to jump right in middle of game , combined with super fast pc's today , u will never notice that AV is running
    Full List of my uploads here (Fixed link ) Only members can access blog.

Quote Ragnar:
    Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try CryptLoad or Mipony.

Do NOT decrypt and or repost my links anywhere!
    All my uploads are on MEGA
    DLC IS NOT GAME! DLC is to be used with Jdownloader to Download GAME!
    paypal.me/IceLancer

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by IcemanSR View Post
    @Warrior, no disrespect or anything. But all that "common sense" is really not in place.
    I am PC user for 20 years and i learned that there is no such thing as "watch what u are doing , think and u wont need antivirus"
    Yes that is shit load of help, but that is for professionals and even they are smart enough to have some kind of protection as backup in place, i know i do.

Besides, today's antivirus's are smart enough to perform heuristic scans only when pc is on idle and not to jump right in middle of game , combined with super fast pc's today , u will never notice that AV is running
    That was not a jab at the OP Iceman, that was just common knowledge since you need to know what you are doing with a PC or you are going to have a very bad time.

Standard PC usage and safety protocols fall under common sense.

I never said you don't need a anti-Virus , you do need protection but you don't need some fancy 3rd party one for standard usage on windows as MSE / Windows Defender are virtually all you need along with a ip banlist and your firewall set up right. (Browser plugins to block malicious website behavior are also extremely necessary)

Having your data on a separate partition than the OS is a good idea as well as you never know what misfortune will occur regardless of the most expensive protection on the planet.
    Last edited by Warrior; 28th-May-2016 at 03:07.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

well i updated to windows 10 and i found out that systemcare is still taking alot of my ram, so i need something that is running but doesnt take up alot of ram to run so i can play my games without the lag.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Install more ram.
    Or play games offline, disconnect your internet connection and shutdown everything you don't need including security.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 Times in 104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    well i updated to windows 10 and i found out that systemcare is still taking alot of my ram, so i need something that is running but doesnt take up alot of ram to run so i can play my games without the lag.
    Eset is taking 7mb for me , how about it?
    Full List of my uploads here (Fixed link ) Only members can access blog.

Quote Ragnar:
    Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try CryptLoad or Mipony.

Do NOT decrypt and or repost my links anywhere!
    All my uploads are on MEGA
    DLC IS NOT GAME! DLC is to be used with Jdownloader to Download GAME!
    paypal.me/IceLancer

Thanks
    EP Points

looks good i think i will try it

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Get ye a second HDD/SSD and install ye teh non-spyware OS on it. Then remove the HDD/SSD with Windows 10 and cook that abomination in the microwave for no less than 5 minutes. Stand ye by with thine fire extinguisher.

Fuck Windows 10.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.