Thread: Help with Wii iso and other emulators

Thanks

Default Help with Wii iso and other emulators

For a while now i have used HBC to play things in nintendont and and the n64 emulator but now i wish to also play wii roms. The thing is from the guides i have looked up i cant seem to find anything that relates to me. I used letter bomb to get HBC and downloaded the roms from the peach pics links but to make them usable the various guides i have seen have various answers. Im also pretty sure i have to delete all my save games that i have so far inorder to make them go from iso to wbfs.

tldr can someone link me to a up todate guide as to play wii roms on my wii hopefully without deleting my current apps and roms

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrake View Post
    downloaded the roms from the peach pics links but to make them usable the various guides i have seen have various answers
    What do you mean?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I'm sure he means he downloaded games from me. So I'll offer some general advice.

So if you haven't already done so, extract iso's from from my uploads like this:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...Using-QuickPar

Once you've got the iso's you want, use Wii Backup Manager to transfer the games onto your external drive.

Plug the drive into your Wii and you should have a channel that boots up the games. If you don't readily see such a channel you'll need to install a loader. There are many options, like USBLoaderGX and CFG just to name some off the top of my head.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Previously i was able to use quickpar and get the iso and now without formatting i was able to use the backup manager to place the file onto my drive and now Im onto trying to use USBloader.

With a google search i found a USB loader as an app and another as a WAD. Further searching on the WAD side lead me to the confusing part of multiple possible updates that im confident i need to do (dx2 installer) and a translation of a WAD installer caled yawmm.

already this is better because the previous guides came from 2012 and this 1 is from 2015 but now the question is do i need just the app or the WAD and updates?

Thanks
    EP Points

Everything I've installed on a Wii I've done through a WAD installer. If your HBC doesn't already have something as basic as a WAD installer ready to go, I'd just back up and redo everything on the Wii with Modmii. That'd install everything you'd want/need easily enough, along with giving you a custom tailored guide to follow.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Found the program and after looking it over I feel like i can definitly accomplish my task when i use it but now i must ask if I do a fresh install using it will it overwrite what is on the wii already? reason being that i have netflix on it already but have no idea what the login info is, If removed my personal hope would end up troubling others

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope

Though it takes no time to re-install a Netflix wad as long as you remember the log in details

You can also backup your nand and use a virtual nand from USB HDD instead (via up to date USB Loaders (I use USB Loader GX personally but that is preference, plenty use CFG Loader)) and will run that little bit smoother from a HDD drive though streaming depends more on your connection than anything else
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-May-2016 at 02:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So i have the games, the program needed to properly hack the wii, and plan to back up my nand with bootmii. I currently dont have the time to do it but you all have been very helpful. Ill post my results later but i cant think of what else may go wrong on the assumption that after the hack i can reinstall the nand.

Thanks
    EP Points

Found the program and after looking it over I feel like i can definitly accomplish my task when i use it but now i must ask if I do a fresh install using it will it overwrite what is on the wii already? reason being that i have netflix on it already but have no idea what the login info is, If removed my personal hope would end up troubling others
    Its been quite a while since I used Netflix on a Wii, but IIRC it saved the login info to a save file. You should be able to copy the save file onto a SD card, so if everything blows up you'll still be able to get it back.

Thanks

So to start with I skipped some steps. I know why when i was doing it but cant remember the reasons now. As for bootmii took me a while to realize that it wasnt an app in Homebrew browser (which i assumed was HBC(not paying attention to details)) so i had to go back in the wii calendar to the month i first used letter bomb(found by using date modified on some SD card files). Backed up nand and did data management netflix download (both were not needed in the end) and used modmii specifically for IOS236, Recommended cIOSs, and USB-Loader(but in the reverse order so alot of back and forth(because i assumed i could skip some things)). After all that i panicked when the loader wouldnt work till I changed it from auto to SD card (again details) and then tried geometry wars rom i got previously. It had the attach wii mote to wrist screen 3 times but started up fine. So i say thanks for the help everyone for helping me along even when i compounded extra on top(netflix).

tldr modmii+wii backup manger worked

More testing update:
    mario party and geometry work but tales of symphonia new world and pikmin 2 dont. Also in the list on usbloader games from nintendont also show up and when pressed the gamecube sound plays but chashes the wii after. Trying to get game covers also crash the wii. And lastly llooking around the menus on one of the pages it says various IOSes are not installed going to reinstall the IOSes but any advice about the other things?
    Last edited by SuperBrake; 25th-May-2016 at 11:34.

Thanks
    EP Points

No idea why you have a few games that don't work, but I do know those work for me. So you can get em going, somehow.

Trying to get game covers also crash the wii.
    I'd guess whatever server the Wii is checking for covers could be gone. I use Wii Backup Manager to fetch covers, and place them on the SD card in the appropriate directory myself.