Thread: NeoRAGEx HELP

Thanks

Default NeoRAGEx HELP

Having trouble getting the software to recognize the ROMs. I have the directory going to the right spot and I have the ROMs still zipped.... that's how they're supposed to be right? I also have the neogeo.zip in all the ROM files. Thanks in advance for the help!

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do yourself a favor and delete that ancient piece of hacked closed source junk and grab FBA as its the king Neogeo emulator,

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...Arcade-Rom-Set

That is exactly what you need with a easy to use interface and the correct romset.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Downloaded FBA, but I'm still having issues with the ROMs not being recognized. Any tips? I know my way around console emulators, but I'm new to these arcade emulators and I have no idea how to get the ROMs to work. I need some basic step-by-step explanations on all this.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Extract every zip to a single folder, do not extract the zips as the zip is the rom itself.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Okay... I have all the zips in a folder already. I also have the neogeo.zip in every zip folder - this is something i already did to get the ROMs to work on my GCW. I've tried both ways; with the neogeo.zip in each folder and without the neogeo.zip in them. I'm about to just give up and only play on my GCW, but I'd love to be able to play them on my computer as well...

Maybe I should try a different neogeo.zip?

Got it to work! Is there a way to get an Xbox 360 controller to work with FBA though?
    Last edited by deadlegion; 25th-May-2016 at 01:41. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wow..........There is no need to rezip every zip with the neogeo.zip.

All you need to do is get every one of the bundled archives I posted and simply extract each one to a single folder, thats it.

There is no need to alter any of the arcade zips or the names as doing so makes them unplayable.

Setting this up is beyond easy, you are making it far harder than need be.

If you need help setting it up please ask away and il try my best.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If the 360 pad is a wired pad yes if it is a wireless one nope unless you buy the extra hardware dongle for PC to allow for a wireless pad to work as they are not standard bluetooth pads.

A wired pad is just a standard HID pad though, so no drivers are needed though do recommend you do use software to fix the known 360 pad issue with the lower triggers not being able to be used together.

Though I have use 360 pads with my PC I still use PSX/PS2 pads via a USB convertor (only ever paid £3 for single ones and £5 for a dual one) again no drivers requires though I do use one for rumble

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yeah, I have the wireless adapter for the 360 pad. It works with all my other emulators just fine. It just isn't working with FBA. In fact FBA won't even let me change any of the input options (the option itself is greyed out.) I've tried pretty much every key on the keyboard too and nothing is working.

The games are working but I'm not able to play them due to no input...

I didn't know there was a software to fix the left and right triggers not working together though. That'd be nice to have! 😀