Page 51 of 268 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hang Out: Anal Commando Collector's Edition

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    It's solely based on the crisis in Ukraine. Kicking them out of every european sports competition, particularly relevant ones like this, should have been one of the sanctions against them. Things dun werk in Europe
    Football related violence has been around for a long time, the Russians are just being more organised and professional about it.
    Should've been zero tolerance for it many many years ago.
    I mean you can't say...oh there have only been a couple of assaults we won't worry about that, and then when things get competitive decide to punish people that are better at it.

As for the Ukraine thing...that is a very complex issue and it isn't the same as say; apartheid in South Africa, organised ethnic cleansing in other parts of Africa or ethnic cleansing when the breakup of Yugoslavia happened.

Both the Russians and the Ukrainians have both behaved rather badly, have extreme right wing factions that commit some pretty terrible things, and the west is also complicit in the whole affair. Everybody should be sanctioned, which would only leave some actual neutral countries.

Spoiler warning:

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Oh, but Iceland started with this whole "anti-fairplay" thing, with Iceland's coach saying "Portugal has no team to go through Euro", among other things.
    It's really easy to lose your cool in situations like this and get tilted, when you're against the one team that's been "jabbing" you days before the match.
    Unprofessional behaviour, sure, but understandable.

Over here, at least Benfica waits until match is over to "jab" the other team.
    I've totally missed this but: bah! You'd think one of the best players ever could go one game without whining, despite Lars freaking Lagerbäck saying stuff that is probably true about a team that is all flatter to deceive and no goal score boom goal.

Benzema isn't in the squad because, you know, he blackmails his team mates with sex videos. Dunno why anyone would miss him though, what with Handsome French Bloke bossing it up top. BOSSING IT!

Totally backing him to snatch the golden boot, by the by.

Soooo, anyhow: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...n-(USA-Europe)

Come on, you deadbeats, we can totally get to 60 pokemans!

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

elmy you sum bitch wazzziup

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Freshwater View Post
    Feelsverybadforsure

And that reminds me cookie, WHY IS BENZEMA NOT PLAYING? WAS IT A CHOICE OF FRANCE BECAUSE IF SO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
    It was their choice due to the Valbuena affair, as Elmy mentioned. Or better said, it was decided after the political interferences were made public in the words of the French Prime Minister who said he didn't want Benzema in the national team despite the case not being solved yet. In dubio pro reo my balls Valbuena was also left out, which makes even less sense.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Football related violence has been around for a long time, the Russians are just being more organised and professional about it.
    Should've been zero tolerance for it many many years ago.
    I mean you can't say...oh there have only been a couple of assaults we won't worry about that, and then when things get competitive decide to punish people that are better at it.

As for the Ukraine thing...that is a very complex issue and it isn't the same as say; apartheid in South Africa, organised ethnic cleansing in other parts of Africa or ethnic cleansing when the breakup of Yugoslavia happened.

Both the Russians and the Ukrainians have both behaved rather badly, have extreme right wing factions that commit some pretty terrible things, and the west is also complicit in the whole affair. Everybody should be sanctioned, which would only leave some actual neutral countries.
    I wasn't referring to the violence in football at all. But of course, something that can be defined as "competitive violence", as you did, is not worth to be praised but condemned and punished even more harshly if possible. Thinking otherwise is a nonsense. So, the more violent they get, the less we should do about it?

Oh, and the Ukraine crisis is anything but complex. You don't go invading other countries just beacause you don't like the them joining the EU, you respect their sovereignty and you don't send your army undercovered to said countries to provoke a civil war giving weapons to a self proclaimed militia, occupying their territory. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    I've totally missed this but: bah! You'd think one of the best players ever could go one game without whining, despite Lars freaking Lagerbäck saying stuff that is probably true about a team that is all flatter to deceive and no goal score boom goal.

Benzema isn't in the squad because, you know, he blackmails his team mates with sex videos. Dunno why anyone would miss him though, what with Handsome French Bloke bossing it up top. BOSSING IT!

Totally backing him to snatch the golden boot, by the by.

Soooo, anyhow: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...n-(USA-Europe)

Come on, you deadbeats, we can totally get to 60 pokemans!
    Elmy, Giroud is terrible Even Larsson in his old age would still do much better than him.

I got 5, did my part of the job. A great job, I dare to say

Thanks
    EP Points

even though I have no interest in soccer(or most sports for that matter) the discussion in here has been entertaining and a little interesting also quite civil.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post

thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Grouch are you ready to get.........FISTED?!
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaXigSu72A4

In other news once I get a new mobo i have a nice gaming comp set up

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Oh, and the Ukraine crisis is anything but complex. You don't go invading other countries just beacause you don't like the them joining the EU, you respect their sovereignty and you don't send your army undercovered to said countries to provoke a civil war giving weapons to a self proclaimed militia, occupying their territory. Period.
    The US interferes with other countries when it wants to, for various reasons. It doesn't need the approval of everybody else. It has and still does supply weapons and other support to all sorts of people that are freedom fighters or terrorists, depending on your point of view.

Ukraine historically has had strong links with Russia...long before the US even existed, and long before the Russian Revolution of 1917.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kievan_Rus%27

EU/Ukraine discussions have been going on for decades, Russia acting the way it has more recently isn't just a matter of not wanting them to join the EU.

I'm not condoning any of it, but I understand that media everywhere likes to promote certain views. What we got here was probably what you got - the western view of Russia being really bad and the Ukrainians being good people (during the 1940s Ukrainians were some of the most ruthless soldiers in the world on both the side of the Nazis [80,000 or more volunteers by 1943 I believe] and the Russians [something like 4-5 million]). A civil airliner gets shot down? Oh that was the Russians as it was a Russian made weapon that did it (an assumption made before having any definite proof).

The EU has acknowledged for a long time that Ukraine has undemocratic processes, is unstable and needs to clean up its act.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 16th-June-2016 at 02:56.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
    Some men you just can't reach.
    So, you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it.
    Well, he gets it.
    I don't like it any more than you men.

Thanks
    EP Points

this buyer on ebay is just being a dick now. he tries to low ball me at $25 then $29 now $13.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    this buyer on ebay is just being a dick now. he tries to low ball me at $25 then $29 now $13.
    Do what the pros do, tell him to fuck off.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    The US interferes with other countries when it wants to, for various reasons. It doesn't need the approval of everybody else. It has and still does supply weapons and other support to all sorts of people that are freedom fighters or terrorists, depending on your point of view.

Ukraine historically has had strong links with Russia...long before the US even existed, and long before the Russian Revolution of 1917.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kievan_Rus%27

EU/Ukraine discussions have been going on for decades, Russia acting the way it has more recently isn't just a matter of not wanting them to join the EU.

I'm not condoning any of it, but I understand that media everywhere likes to promote certain views. What we got here was probably what you got - the western view of Russia being really bad and the Ukrainians being good people (during the 1940s Ukrainians were some of the most ruthless soldiers in the world on both the side of the Nazis [80,000 or more volunteers by 1943 I believe] and the Russians [something like 4-5 million]). A civil airliner gets shot down? Oh that was the Russians as it was a Russian made weapon that did it (an assumption made before having any definite proof).

The EU has acknowledged for a long time that Ukraine has undemocratic processes, is unstable and needs to clean up its act.
    What the hell the US have to do with all this? Are you just mentioning it to justify what Russia did? "Others have behaved badly in the past, leave my Russia alone!"

The links they had in the past has also nothing to do with anything here. We all are aware of history and we all are aware that the old, decadent communist regime with a slim patina of modernity that Putin represents still considers Ukraine, and all the border countries, part of their territory. There's where the problem lies, they are not, past links mean nothing and Russia have no authority to invade them when they see they are escaping their control.

Discussions to join the UE always last for years. Look at Turkey, it's the best example out there. It all started in Ukraine when former Ukrainian President Yanukovych suspended the Union Association Agreement with the UE. Russia was obviously behind that decision and seeing how Yanukovych was soon kicked out, they decided to invade Ukraine and retain the Krimea region seeing the new direction the new Ukrainian government was going to take. The plain facts, no media manipulation here. The rest, as all your arguments here, are just an attempt to justify Russia's acts.

Oh and that Malaysian Airlines plane was indeed shot down by the pro-Russia militia in Ukraine using a Russian missile as it was confirmed by the official, independent Dutch investigation, which final result was published back in Oct 2015. Why Russia doesn't want an international tribunal to prosecute and punish those responsible of taking the plane down, as Malaysia proposed to UN, I wonder? Yeah, the media and the US, they are evil, but Russia is cool, mayn
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 16th-June-2016 at 11:40. Reason: -y

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I can't believe I forgot about the sex tape crap. Ha.