Thread: Cursed Mountain Wiimote drop outs?

Thanks

Default Cursed Mountain Wiimote drop outs?

I originally was playing Cursed Mountain through a backup disc through neogamma, but I got to a boss fight where the wiimote stopped working. The main character just starts doing whatever he wants running around in circles and the only thing I can do is power off the Wii and restart it, sometimes he'll just keep running forever sometimes the game will freeze, either way the only thing I can do is restart the entire system. So I tried playing it through usb with configuratble usb loader and I was able to proceed. That was probably 25% into the game now I'm about 75% into the game ironically at another boss fight and I get the same wiimote drop out through the usb version, and I went back to try the disc version and it did it also. Is there anyone that has been able to complete this game without these dropouts? I've tried changing batteries tried playing without motion plus nothing solves it. I think it has to do with it being a pirated game but I don't know for sure. The wiimote works fine on any other game so I'm pretty positive this is a game specific problem, especially because it only happens at specific parts of the game otherwise it plays fine.

All of this is referring to the NTSC version.

Also it just hit me that the two boss fights that this happens at are pretty much the same flying bird/volture type creature, strange.
    Last edited by NoSoul; 7th-May-2016 at 20:51.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Personally I use USB Loader GX with a USB HDD

From what I remember USB Sticks can have issues unless you fix it (will have to dig that out later off to work in a second or so)

The loader may be out of date as it is best to look at the unstable or beta releases as well as the last stable release to get the best features and fixes

Saying all this I don't remember playing this game through either myself so it could just be loader settings

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Just installed USB Loader GX 3.0 and it did the same thing. So so far it's done it from disc with neogamma, and from usb with cfg usbloader and usbloader gx.

Also loaded the iso on two different usb sticks and it does the same thing.

Always the same thing I load the save I walk up the moutain a bit there's a cutscene that plays of the boss and ghosts, then when it goes back into gameplay I lose control of the wiimote within seconds.
    Last edited by NoSoul; 8th-May-2016 at 15:02. Reason: merged posts

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

3.0 is out of date like I said you need to look at more recent version USBLoaderGX r1260 is the last one not 3.0

Best format for USB is FAT32 with 32 clusters (you will need an external USB format tool to do this Windows does not have an option to format with 32 clusters)

d2x-v10 is what is used to fix USB loading issues with flash drives like USB sticks (USB HDD's do not need this)

d2x-v10-final to be exact is what you want, the alt version has a lower compat and the vWii versions are for the Wii U not the Wii

https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios...Ss-on-your-Wii has basic instructions for that (or just google/youtube a guide as I just pulled up a random guide for you)

Still as I said there may be basic settings for the game that could fix it also but can't see it as compat lists show it just works so it is more like that you have USB flash drive issues instead of using a USB HDD, but try the fixes I mentioned.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-May-2016 at 15:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I will try it but how does usb issues explain that the exact same thing happens when putting in a backup disc through neogamma? I saw the compatibility list didn't show any problems but I would have thought it had no problems either until I put hours and hours into the game. We can't know if the person that put that beat it right? Or was it you and you did beat it and had no issues?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Neogamma is old and out of date loader so no idea there, though DVD-/+R's do read slower than retail discs anyway so it may be the exact same issue if it is a read speed issue

I could ask you how does it not work when it does for others via USB.

I am just trying to cover as much as possible and help you with USB loading not DVD loading.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I had trouble installling that d2x but finally got it and it appeared at first to have solved the problem I could move the character after the cutscreen which is more than I could do at first, but then I aimed at the bird and it still froze. Also as far as settings this game really doesn't have any other than inverting your aiming and sound.

This is not a very popular game are you sure there are others that have successfully beat it? I'm sorry but your compatibile guide is good but I don't think there's any guarantee just because no problems are listed that others have successfully beat it am I wrong? I doubt every game on that list that said no problems were beaten by the person that posted.

Regardless, I found the game cheap online and will just await an original copy, but would be willing to try other ideas while awaiting the game. I believe it's very possible I am just the first to report problems that others would have if they tried playing through the entire game. Too coincidental that the two problems I had were at the same boss at different points in the game, but that is only my opinion.
    Last edited by NoSoul; 10th-May-2016 at 19:53.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That would be loader settings I was talking about not in-game settings but from what I can tell defaults should be fine3 from online loader compat charts

If the problem is still there with the retail disc it has a chance that something on your Wii is just out of date for the game to work correctly (something that can be fixed reasonably easy enough)

ModMii can do that easy enough (there was another prog that could do this also but forget what it was called, partly because I have not used it myself)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Just to update I just got my original copy and it doesn't freeze.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoul View Post
    Just to update I just got my original copy and it doesn't freeze.
    Well a 1:1 dump should work fine with a hardmod such as WODE. I know the PAL version does.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yet to play it so can't personally verify it, though it is reported as fully working with software also.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Another weird thing I was playing the original disc through the real Wii loader got past the boss then I posted that it was working, but then I played a few more minutes and got a screen with an error message telling me to restart my wii, then restarted and tried it again and it happened again. So I tried playing the original disc through neogamma and I've been playing about 2 1/2 hours now with no issues. I'm near the end one way or another I will finish this game lol.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Feel for ya I know what it's like when a game bugs out on you

I love my Silent Hill games and one of those is just full of bugs that never got cleaned out and took way longer to complete than it should of (Silent Hill: Downpour I think it was)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]