Thread: Does Nvidia Physx System Software Help with Emulators?

Thanks

Default Does Nvidia Physx System Software Help with Emulators?

It's just as the title suggests, is the Physx System Software included with Nvidia's software/drivers needed at all for Emulation? Nvidia has 7 drivers with their software. #1. Nvidia 3D Vision Controller Driver ( not needed cuz I don't use 3D) #2. Nvidia 3D Vision Driver (same) #3. Nvidia HD Graphics Driver (needed) #4. Nvidia HD Audio Driver (needed) #5. Nvidia Miracast Virtual Audio (not needed cuz it's only function is to stream to Nvidia Shields) #6. Nvidia GeForce Experience (Bloatware) and finally last but not least #7 Nvidia Physx System Software! I hear that some PC games require Physx System Software to even run at all while others only need it if you want cool Physx effects, (which also takes more resources BTW) but Emulation still remains unclear. I plan on only installing the HD Graphics Driver, the HD audio driver, and MAYBE the Physx System Software driver BUT I don't really play PC games. What I play are Emulators such as NullDC (DC) ePSXe (PSX) Project 64 (N64) Magic Engine (TurboGrafx16+PC Engine) Kega Fusion (Genesis+Master+CD+Gamegear) Nestopia (NES) SNES9x (SNES) Visual Boy Advance/VBA-M (GB+GBC+GBA) PPSSPP (PSP) MAME (Multi Arcade) Xebra (Accurate PSX) BSNES/Higan (Accurate NES+SNES+GB+GBC+GBA Mednafen (Accurate Multi System) Dolphin (GC+wii) PCSX2 (PS2) and last but not least RetroArch (Multi System)! So is Nvidia Physx System Software required by ANY of these Emulators, or others not listed? Will Physx System Software add any enhancements/improvements to any of these Emulators, or others not listed? Thanks for replying to this wall of text.

Thanks
    EP Points

No, but if the emulator supports advanced CPU instruction sets (e.g. AVX2, which my FX6300 lacks) it can help a bit. Emulation generally attempts to replicate the original machine CPU and other component cycles in a fashion that can be interpreted on newer machines. Nvidia's PhysX (originally a product from a now defunct company) supports (modern) game engines that implement hardware acceleration of physics in games. However this advantage has only been marginal at best.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pulstar85 For This Useful Post: