Thread: Where to get reliable r4i ds flashcards ?

Thanks
    EP Points

Post Where to get reliable r4i ds flashcards ?

Recently, i've just got a new 3ds xl. I have a sky3ds+ card already, so no need worry about 3ds games playing. But I also want to get a flashcart for nds roms. The r4i ds flashcart seems to be good choice as their price are cheap. After some searching and comparison, I got some recommendations with this seller ----
    I looked around, and there were many choices: r4i gold 3ds, r4i sdhc rts card, r4i gold pro, r4i sdhc dual core and so on.
    So which one will be better choice ? any suggestions ?
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 29th-April-2016 at 10:08. Reason: no links to shops please

Thanks

Default R4 3DS card here

My card is this one, R4I SDHC 3DS 2016, released from r4i-sdhc.com
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-June-2016 at 10:10. Reason: please do not promote stores or link them

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would look for a good card, that is none of the R4's

Problem with R4 kits is there are too many fakes and even a none fake you are still required to patch a lot of game before they are playable due to protection

there are a number of different R4 official sites (None of the current R4's are original though the company or group died off years before the 3DS was even released)

http://www.r4ids.cn/ the better of the R4 range and has been for some years
    http://r4i-sdhc.com/ this one has been up and down over the years for firmware compat and has been blocked many times for long periods of time and is still fixing game issues (though it is still going)

official sites will have stores listed, though that is not to say the sites listed are reliable either or even still stock there product

Supercard DSTWO+ brags to play both DS and 3DS though, but that is a card I do not have myself
    Supercard DSTWO the original card does not require game patches and just works (as a bonus it does have better emulation support but that is not the reason you go for a kit like this)

Saying all this but if the Sky3DS kit lets you downgrade the 3DS firmware and use Virtual nand/firmware version then just about any kit will work on it even those previously blocked

Best to check official sites though not sales sites to see what has been updated with a kit and if it works on your current 3DS firmware
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-June-2016 at 11:42.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR